Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Hummm ... Please tell me why I need this ??? :confused:
To convert your RL bed to a swimming pool complete with underwater lighting. The pump for the optional spa jets mounted in the trunk. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
NITROFC said:
Hummm ... Please tell me why I need this ??? :confused:
I have deduced the gasket is needed to be installed, Watson, to prevent dirt being suck in to the bed.:p

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have a tonneau cover and I also have a tailgate gasket seal that, so far, I have not bothered to put on. I do not have dust and dirt getting sucked into the bed. I also do not travel over any substantial quantity of gravel or dirt roads. I don't see the need for it at this point and like the idea of allowing the bed to breathe. I will watch for snow in the bed after traveling while there is a powder type snow storm.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
My photo was taken after three solid days of running through the mountains of Idaho. We normally don't get off the pavement much either. It's not really needed if you stay on pavement, unless Ultra-Hog's concern about powdery snow turns out to be an issue. Let us know. . .

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is interesting...

I have the Honda tonneau and have spent quite a bit of time in dirt/sand/salt and haven't seen anything get into my bed that I didn't put there. Not a lot of use for this product with a Honda cover.

·
Registered
186 Posts
swishman said:
Its just an option that someone wanted.
Thanks, Swishman..... while it may not be an option for all situations, for those where it is helpful it's good to know that it is available! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is what I need!

Here in southern Arizona, we have lots of dirt roads that are nothing but DUST bowls and that means a bed full of fine dust in the bed and ALL OVER everything. I have the tonneau cover but the space between the tailgate and body are open sores.

What supplies did you use and do you have an URL pointer for more info?

thanks
desert rat tommy

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lingered_I said:
BasicKoncept is no more. I have a Retrax cover and can recommend their gasket - http://www.rolltopcover.com/accessories-tailgategasket.htm. From memory it was about $20
Did they go out of business?

Darn it, I've still got my tailgate lock sitting in the box. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet because I was dreading taking the tonneau cover off and dismantling the bed again.

I too have a tailgate seal that I haven't installed yet. I'll probably get to that whenever I finally get the lock installed.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
djdj said:
This is interesting...

I have the Honda tonneau and have spent quite a bit of time in dirt/sand/salt and haven't seen anything get into my bed that I didn't put there. Not a lot of use for this product with a Honda cover.
If you had your dealer install the cover you might have a seal you haven't noticed:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts