Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since my RTS doesn't have the handy little AUX port, does anyone know of any aftermarket tape decks that will install in the Ridgeline so I can go back to using my old reliable casette adapter?
I tried using an FM transmitter with my player, but the reception ranged from more than acceptable (rarely) to awful (frequently) and that was with my jury rigged setup to position the transmitter right next to the antenna.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I think your best bet is to install a auxiliary input adapter. I believe it will work with the RTS...I think the RTL without SR shares the same HU as the RTS. Can someone confirm this? If my assumption is correct, then BamaRidge's post about adding an auxiliary adapter should apply and probably would be better than your old tape adapter. Go to the Mobile Electronics section of this forum and do a search for BamaRidge. :cool:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Vogon Poet said:
Well, since my RTS doesn't have the handy little AUX port, does anyone know of any aftermarket tape decks that will install in the Ridgeline so I can go back to using my old reliable casette adapter?
I tried using an FM transmitter with my player, but the reception ranged from more than acceptable (rarely) to awful (frequently) and that was with my jury rigged setup to position the transmitter right next to the antenna.
OK, I'm going to pretend I didn't even read your post. Please tell me your not actually thinking of putting a tape deck in this high tech vehicle. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me preface my response by saying that I love my Ridgeline, and you can have it when you pry my cold dead hands from the wheel. However, for any vehicle without an AUX port (Which at last count is almost all of 'em) the prefered method of listening to your ipod, faux-pod, or whatever is the casette adapter. Those FM transmitters are simply awful, case closed. and since Honda didn't want to equip my RTS with an AUX port, I'm sort of left wanting.

Now as for the installing an auxiliary input adapter, I am considering this, but it doesn't seem that I can put this sucker in without a) carving a hole in one of the blanks in the dash to snake the connector through which seems like it'd look just a little ugly, b) snaking the connector out through a gap in the dash which would look just as bad, or c) paying someone a mint to do a pro job of it.

If anyone's got a better suggestion for installing an AUX port, please let me know. Otherwise, YES ridge, I will put in a tape deck because it's the right solution for my needs. Hey, at least I'm not putting in an 8-Track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts