Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the tonneau cover made by Honda but i din't really like it. I saw the Bak liner cover and they toled me that they were going to make 1 of there pruducts for the ridgeline. I was just wondering if anyone hear of othre companies that would make a tonneau cover for the ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yes, there is one - allmost! See the postings under Accessories - "Better Tonneau Cover Wanted" and / or go to www.bakliner.com. They have a roll-up cover that looks perfect (to me, at least) that should be released very soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Retrax makes a cover for the ridgeline that will be available the first of May. You can see pictures of the cover the third week in April at www.rolltopcover.com

If you have any other sales or tech questions you can reach Billy at 1-800-206-4070. Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks good, but *expensive*. Does anyone know what these things <will/might> cost?

Oops, sorry, went to the rollbak site and got a clue there. Not bad!

L

·
0 Posts
I want to buy a cover but I don't want it if it leaks. A cover is suppose to cover and protect. If you have one...tell me about it's reliability please. Thank you!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ladyridge,

My Honda cover will be installed tomorrow, and they are calling for rain and snow, so I will know by Friday how bad it leaks. Will post pictures and details as soon as I can.

ladyridge said:
I want to buy a cover but I don't want it if it leaks. A cover is suppose to cover and protect. If you have one...tell me about it's reliability please. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
GSXR600 said:
Retrax makes a cover for the ridgeline that will be available the first of May. You can see pictures of the cover the third week in April at www.rolltopcover.com
OK, it's the fourth week of April and I can't find anything on the Retrax website that indicates there is a version for the Ridgeline. Has anyone ordered one of these yet? It's the next thing I want to purchase for the truck we don't have yet. I don't want to be driving around long without the cover, so I want to get it ordered, but I also want to hear that it's MUCH better than the OEM version. That means it needs to be water tight, have a better lock and roll away.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ladyridge said:
I have the OEM cover, and it is not entirely watertight, but the amount of water that gets in is minor. Since it never rains in southern California, this won't be a problem for me!! (yeah, right!) I needed the cover right away, because I helped my daughter move across five states a couple weeks ago. I didn't find it a problem that half the cover doesn't move, because we had plenty of large stuff that just slid under the fixed part. It isn't a far reach to get under it. Although this isn't the best arrangement, it is the best that is available now. Maybe version 2.0 will be better, but that won't help now. My concern with the rollup types is how that will effect the look of the bed. The one thing the OEM cover has going for it is the good look, IMO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rolltopcover.com's response to my emai:

Hello Dennis,
We are in the development stages of a cover that will fit the Honda
Ridgeline. Expected time frame is 2-3 weeks.
Price will be $889.
I can e-mail you when it is available.
We direct ship it using Fed Ex or UPS.

Thank you for your interest in the RETRAX bed cover system.

Randy
RETRAX Sales & Service
800-206-4070

·
Registered
492 Posts
drouke said:
Rolltopcover.com's response to my emai:

Hello Dennis,
We are in the development stages of a cover that will fit the Honda
Ridgeline. Expected time frame is 2-3 weeks.
Price will be $889.
I can e-mail you when it is available.
We direct ship it using Fed Ex or UPS.

Thank you for your interest in the RETRAX bed cover system.

Randy
RETRAX Sales & Service
800-206-4070

I got the same response on April 11 that said it would be 3-4 weeks. Sounds like they are on schedule. Who will go first and post installation pictures and reviews??? We are all what the marketers call early adopters. I usually will not take a chance with a first year vehicle but I figured Honda usually does a good job initially. I have not been disappointed. I'm not as comfortable with RETRAX yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the Access tonneau. It protects well, rolls up easily and stores just under the rear window, the cost seems reasonable (about $500 installed) but, the installation scares me. Access mailed me the procedure and my feet turned cool. Has anyone else looked at this tonneau?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know of someone in St. Louis that installs the Retrax cover, I am unable due to injury? Thanks for any help, vote for silver!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If no one comes up with an installer for you, the Retrax does not require a certified mechanic or highly skilled installer to do the job. There are no holes to drill or any modifications to the truck at all. With the instructions and your guidance, a high school kid could do the job quite nicely. It only takes between one and two hours. Most of that time is unpacking and reading the instructions. Someone that has installed one before could do it in under an hour. Maybe a neighbor or someone that works at a parts store would like to make a few bucks on the side. If you want to drive to Central Pennsylvania, I will do it for you. You bring the beer. I work cheap - one, sometimes two is my limit.:)
Oh, welcome aboard!

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
With the instructions and your guidance, a high school kid could do the job quite nicely.
What a great idea UH. Take it to the local High School Automotive class and see if they will do it. :) I'll bet they would love the challenge and experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am currently trying to get an answer from access tonneau (agri) on if it interferes with the opening of the in box trunk!!! They avoided the question the first time. I had one on my full size dodge and loved it, lasted and the quality was great!! In fact I still have it I kept it when I traded as well as the hitch there are for sale anyone?

·
Registered
41 Posts
diablo said:
I am currently trying to get an answer from access tonneau (agri) on if it interferes with the opening of the in box trunk!!! They avoided the question the first time. I had one on my full size dodge and loved it, lasted and the quality was great!! In fact I still have it I kept it when I traded as well as the hitch there are for sale anyone?

No, you can open the trunk lid with the Access cover installed. I know, I have the Agri Access cover on my RL. Used it today

·
Registered
186 Posts
diablo said:
Diablo.... in case you have not seen it, here is a Tonneau Cover Comparison (pdf attachment) prepared by one of the ROC members...... there's a whole thread on this somewhere.....

Good luck:)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a dealer for Advantage Torza Tonneau Covers.
Advantage has made many improvements to their Honda Ridgeline Torza Tonneau. I would like to provide you with some updated information.

I read where some owners had issues installing their rail because of holes not lining up, this has been addressed. The rail has a new improved end cap with re-positioned holes in rail for easy installation of rail. The rail is now mat black finished to match inside of Ridgeline bed. The rails have also been relieved more to allow trunk door to open further. Rail is padded in this area to keep door from getting scratched when opened.

Advantage has added safety teathers, and a new clip type fastner on bulkhead, used when cover is in open position.

There are "4" different Torza Tonneau's to fit Honda Ridgeline.
All "4" versions are tri-fold, all hardware included, install in 20 minutes or less, NO drilling required, and are water tight.

All pieces, parts and components are guarenteed for life, the material is guarenteed for 7 years.

Torza Top - Traditional Vinyl -
$399.00 Delivered
Torza Premier - Convertible Top Material
$499.00 Delivered
Hard Hat - Traditional Vinyl Cover with a HARD underlayment
$749.00 Delivered
Hard Hat Premier - Convertible Top Material with a HARD underlayment
$859.00 Delivered

Please email or call me to purchase or for additional information
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts