Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I tried out my truck tent I purchased on craigslist for 40$.

I was on a ride weekend with our dirt bike club.

Setup was easy, Made by Sportz; Instructions showed a Nissan Frontier setup. I knew there would be a gap between the rear window and tent. Didn't concern me much because even on my other full size truck I still had somewhat of a gap.

I arrived early Friday and that night it became really windy and rained most of the night. I didn't get wet at all and slept good on my air mattress. Tent held up.

Just thought I would pass this on with pics. Worked good for me and sure beat paying for a motel.

:act006:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Excellent. I am pleasantly surprised that there was no leakage. I would have guessed that the tent would count on deflecting water between cab and bed.

So, where did water at the front of the tent go? Was it mostly deflected off the front corners, with any leakage going the the bed's corner drains?

·
Registered
157 Posts
They have one for the avalanche, I wonder how well would that fit, given that the dimensions of the beds are pretty close.

Ridgeline - 49.5 in (width), 60-79 (length)
Avalanche - 50 in (width), 63-98.2 (length)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My truck was pretty level where I camped. I know when I had the RL parked backwards in my driveway which is slanted. I squirked out the bed not thinking and the water still drained out.

There must be some drain areas in the front of the bed floor also..?.. , I know my old chevy truck had small 1/4 in holes in the front floor that ran the width of the bed.

Like I said it was rainy and windy and I stayed dry with no wetnes in the tent.

I am pleased.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks Pizza...looks like the best fit so far. I'm hunting for it now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice!

Although I'm a hammock camper, this might be a nice option for my wife since she's not all that excited to "hang" with me when we go camping.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
The tent looks sharp.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No doubt, that looks like a ton of fun right there... thanks for sharing

·
Registered
279 Posts
That is a really slick setup,... and ... no gas mileage penalty like there is with my travel trailer :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey gents,

The tent I am using, all I know of is that it is a Sportz truck tent, didn't see any model numbers or anything. It did say on the instructions that it was for a Nissan frontier truck. Like I said caught it on craigslist for $40. Been using it recently alot for my one nighters. I am getting older and keeping things reasonable $ wise is great for me.
Good luck and have fun.
A pic of my last weekend outing at my small getaway place in the woods. Only thing was the ticks were lousy.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got one (original Sportz Tent), it's a longer model though so it partially hangs off of the end. I believe I have a good setup for it to work though. I am going camping next Monday through Saturday so I'll see how well it holds up.

Wish me luck.

However I have two backup plans. An extra tent, as well as a 12 by 12 canopy that I could just back the Ridgeline under.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This one I just purchased and set up in my driveway to check out the fit. Sportz tent III, model # 55099. not a perfect fit but will work for me. First time set up took about 45 min. Second time about 15 min. With a little fine tuning I think it will be just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wouldn't your feet hang over the tailgate? I guess you can sleep diagonally.
Wouldn't be an issue for me cause I am short and I sleep in the fetal position like a wittle wittle baaaaby. lol :pooky::act010:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts