Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been grumbling along with others regarding the lack of a tailgate lock on my 2018 RTL-E, not that I had anything of value in the bed, but did in the "trunk". Always felt it was a pain to get the key out and lock the bed "trunk" as needed.
I have had this truck for 18 months.
Two days ago I went to remove something form the "trunk" and it wouldn't open. Tried again and same results. Discovered the "trunk" is in fact locked if no key fob is present. I nave knew that and don't recall ever reading about that in the OM.
So, this only a heads up to those who may share my lack of knowledge. Nice to just walk away and know the doors as well as the "trunk" automatically lock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Companies are really going cheap with their technical writers nowadays. Features like this used to be included in an old fashioned owners manual but so many of today's products have undocumented features.

I usually read the OM once all the way through just to familiarize myself with whatever I've bought. Sometimes it's the best way to make sure you get the most out of what you've purchased.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Lock it with the key when needed? ...

You know the key fob (remote) locks it with the remote...the same button use for locking doors locks it too, the same button to unlock the doors unlocks it on the second click

You can also open the glove compartment and switch the button in there to off and it will only open with a physical key, handy feature when using valet parking service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
19,041 Posts
I nave knew that and don't recall ever reading about that in the OM.
Features like this used to be included in an old fashioned owners manual but so many of today's products have undocumented features.
It appears you two may be confusing the condensed printed Owner's Guide that comes with the vehicle with the full Owner's Manual that can be downloaded from owners.honda.com.

Everything mentioned in first post is explained in detail in the Owner's Manual.

In additional to being able to download the documentation for free at any time, complimentary printed copies are available to first registered owners within six months of purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It appears you two may be confusing the condensed printed Owner's Guide that comes with the vehicle with the full Owner's Manual that can be downloaded from owners.honda.com.

Everything mentioned in first post is explained in detail in the Owner's Manual.

In additional to being able to download the documentation for free at any time, complimentary printed copies are available to first registered owners within six months of purchase.
+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts