Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well living in Fl I expected it to happen some day but not so soon. The 9th of this month will be the 2 month anniversary of purchase and so far I skinned the front pass bumper close to the ground, the rear driver side bumper at the at top non skid area and now about 10 dents in the hood and at least 10 on the roof from hail. To make matters worse it happend while I was sitting in the dentist chair looking outside. Whats worse than going to the dentist, going and having your new truck trashed by 1" hail. I guess I can post pics when the weather calms down and I stop crying enough to snap a few :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Fastrack, I heard that some areas here got hail today and have kept my fingers crossed. Man I hate that it happened to ya. I feel your pain. I'm in the Sanford/Deltona area myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ouch! Sorry to see that.

I feel your pain though, the first night I picked up the Ridge I had some seriously weird nightmares about people beating the body with hammers and then grinding all the paint off.

I'm still waiting on the first scratch (crosses fingers).

L

·
0 Posts
Oh your poor baby!! :(
It seems as if the the paint and or body is softer than normal or is that my paranoid imagination since I got my first dent in the tailgate like a week after I bought her. :eek:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I understand. See the Bad Karma thread. When it's your fault, you can rationalize it a bit. But when there's nothing you can do about it, that, well, you know what it is. :mad:

Can this be fixed with paintless dent removal?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey Fasttrack
there is a guy over here in Bradenton Sarasota that has an absolutely ingenious method of removing dents on location for a very reasonable price.
He took a dent out of my wife's Accord door that we were sure was going to be major surgery. and was not.
Email me, and I will give you his info.
We did not get hail here.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I don't think we got hail in Melbourne, FL today. Besides, my Ridgeline is at the dealer getting accessories installed (keeping my fingers crossed that I have better luck than londo).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ladyridge,

Hail can destroy a car pretty fast, we had a storm a few years ago, wped all teh cars in teh car lots, and on the streets, hundreds or thousands of cars were damaged, and some very very severly.

ladyridge said:
Oh your poor baby!! :(
It seems as if the the paint and or body is softer than normal or is that my paranoid imagination since I got my first dent in the tailgate like a week after I bought her. :eek:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
does your car insurance cover hail damage in your area? The only thing i may have to worry about or any other SoCal owners is prolly, earthquakes, flashfloods, wild fires, or desert dust storms with strong winds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sure was a bummer but nothing I could do to stop it. We got hit pretty hard here in Daytona, lots of people with dented up cars. Most including mine are dented just enough to catch your eye. Embry Riddle flight training school had 30 training planes damaged with holes in the cockpit roofs.

I bought a paintless dent repair set a couple years back to repair vehicles in the family but never used it, going to try it tomorrow. If I can get them out great, if not as much as I hate to give them a reason to raise my rates I will contact the insurance company. If I get good enough at it I can start taking it to car & truck meets [ Will remove dents for food & beer :D ].

L

·
0 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Ladyridge,

Hail can destroy a car pretty fast, we had a storm a few years ago, wped all teh cars in teh car lots, and on the streets, hundreds or thousands of cars were damaged, and some very very severly.
I remember our Wagonmaster getting pelted with hail when I was a kid. It IS bad.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
In 1980 I was working for Chrysler. I needed to visit our Indianapolis Electric plant and was given a "K" platform prototype to drive (and give feedback to those giving "extra care in engineering" when in fact most had been laid off). Some of you may remember that the "K car" was the salvation of Chrysler that brought the corporation back from the brink of bankruptcy.

While in Indianapolis there was a major hail storm. It destroyed the car. Even killed a few people if I remember correctly. Hail the size of jagged softballs! There wasn't a straight piece of metal on the car. All the glass was broken... dash torn up, mirrors ripped off. It was totalled to say the least.

I don't know where that particular vehicle was in the prototype stage, but I suspect it was the third or fourth one built (by hand).

History tells us that a new guy at the company named Iacocca got some loan guarantees from the government and the K car was introduced in 1982 and became a huge success. No thanks to a hail storm in Indy.

Not too long after that I saw a clay of a product they called a "mini van". Was the stupidest idea I ever heard of at the time. We were too busy building maxi-vans at the time and couldn't believe anyone would want a mini van. Guess I missed that one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts