Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha Ha and they all laughed at the RL for many years.
*still laugh, but that’s ok. I know what I’ve got and what they have deal with. I even feel slightly sorry for some of them.

I remember the SSR, still a few around here at local cruise in's. I was never a big fan of the styling of it "jellybean " comes to my mind. Maybe now that Hyundai is using a turbo, Honda will notice, could you imagine a RL with about 400+ HP, I'm sure Honda is too conservative for it.
Always reminded me of the jellybean Taurus’. Thought it looked more like a Ford than anything else.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Chevy could take a Camaro front and a El Camino rear, with a decent motor (V-8) they would have something!
GM did have this product....big 6.2L Corvette engine in it. Bad ass truck I'd have bought in a heartbeat if they'd have sold it here. We got the SS instead, and it was a flop because GM never marketed it. But a great car.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,576 Posts
I just looked at the Edmunds video (post #181) and the new one from TFL (post #225).
My take away were a couple of things with the bed
  • I echo Roger's sentiments. The rear in-bed trunk is a honest homage to the Ridgeline
  • The 200b cover capacity is nice, though the non removable is a blessing and curse.
  • The tie down cleats are very much the Ridgeline; in the shape that is.
  • I like the front end and is very much concept vehicle look alike. I like the big bold and integrated headlights.
  • I cannot believe that the interviewer said (video of post #225, time 11:50) that the Ridgeline is the closest competitor. Absurd.

All in all, this is a nice 4 door with a bed to carry some stuff. Not sure how practical it will be in a family of 3 or 4.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,025 Posts
I think the actual payload rating for the bed is something like 600 or 650 pounds. The rest of the payload is reserved for the cabin and maybe the hitch.

A 1700lb payload rating for the bed would make for a rough-riding vehicle, methinks!

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
116 Posts
I think the actual payload rating for the bed is something like 600 or 650 pounds. The rest of the payload is reserved for the cabin and maybe the hitch.

A 1700lb payload rating for the bed would make for a rough-riding vehicle, methinks!
Right forgot about that detail. So in other words the payload is just a number written on paper. Doesn't mean anything.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,025 Posts
Right forgot about that detail. So in other words the payload is just a number written on paper. Doesn't mean anything.
It sounds good, and might sell a few more vehicles to those not paying attention. I guess that's its purpose.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
116 Posts
I believe a wagon might be more useful. Drop down the back seats and you got a lot of usable space.

·
Registered
2020 RTLE Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
96 Posts
The bed-mounted trunk, AC outlet in the bed, and folding rear seats appear to be inspired by the Ridgeline.
Agreed, but the jack under the rear seat in the cab seems like an afterthought!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I see it has heated and VENTILATED seats and slow speed follow, competition is good, maybe now Honda will finally put some of this stuff in the RL ;-)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Perhaps a post-2010 infotainment system.
I’m not a huge fan of the Honda system, but it seems about average to me.

Personally I like a selector knob ala BMW and Mazda. Once you get used to it, it’s very fast, and you don’t have to move your right hand from the armrest and mess with a touchy touchscreen.

We have a previous generation Volvo, but I think the current generation infotainment systems are supposed to be some of the best out there. Curious if anyone would nominate another infotainment system as being a good model?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
I’m not a huge fan of the Honda system, but it seems about average to me.

Personally I like a selector knob ala BMW and Mazda. Once you get used to it, it’s very fast, and you don’t have to move your right hand from the armrest and mess with a touchy touchscreen.

We have a previous generation Volvo, but I think the current generation infotainment systems are supposed to be some of the best out there. Curious if anyone would nominate another infotainment system as being a good model?
My sister owns a 3 year old Volvo XC40 and her husband still can't figure out to connect the Android Auto properly so he can use it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My sister owns a 3 year old Volvo XC40 and her husband still can't figure out to connect the Android Auto properly so he can use it.
Maybe I’m wrong about the Volvo, but the reviews I’ve read were quite complimentary. I did test drive the new generation XC90 when it came out. Seemed fancy to me.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
Maybe I’m wrong about the Volvo, but the reviews I’ve read were quite complimentary. I did test drive the new generation XC90 when it came out. Seemed fancy to me.
You are probably correct, Volvo must have made some improvements in the one you drove.

·
Administrator
19,013 Posts
Not anymore. In January 2021, Chrysler became a Stellantis brand when Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Peugeot merged. The Chrysler brand has been getting tossed around like a hot potato. :) The brand is down to a selection of two minivans and one sedan - I'm surprised it still exists.
In ten years, Chrysler and other Stellantis brands will either shape up or join Saturn, Scion, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, and others.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
I wondered why my local Fiat dealer closed up shop a few weeks ago. Now I know.

Reactions: zroger73
261 - 280 of 302 Posts