Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to test driving the Honda Ridgeline and compared it to an old skateboard I had lying around.

Here is what I think after test driving:

Price - At over 40,000 for the Ridgeline and about 20 bucks for a 30 year old skateboard - The Skateboard wins hands down.

Comfort - Although the Ridgeline has many great comfort features, power adjusted heated leather seats, 3 zoned heating and air, cabin lighting, power moon roof and rear sliding window, nothing beats no walls or roof and the great outdoors of a skateboard, all the room to stretch out you can handle - winner Skateboard

Cargo - Dude it's a skateboard why would you want to tow anything, it's all about freedom But winner Ridgeline.

Cost to maintain - come on , do I even need to say it? SKATEBOARD BABY!

Parking - Although the Ridgeline has back up cameras, crash sensors, heated rear view mirrors the skateboard can be flipped up into my arms with one cool move and thrown in a corner. - Winner Skateboard.

Am I going to trade my Skateboard? No but you already knew that before you read this review :nerd:

· Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If someone said that they just liked their truck better than the Ridgeline then there would be no argument. No product will ever be a one size fits all ( even if Steve Jobs thought so)

I didn't write this because someone doesn't like the Ridgeline, I wrote it because someone drummed up a meaningless comparison and then proceeded to falsly represent both sides.

That's not to say you can't compare the two, but if you are going to do it, than do it.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
If someone said that they just liked their truck better than the Ridgeline then there would be no argument. No product will ever be a one size fits all ( even if Steve Jobs thought so)

I didn't write this because someone doesn't like the Ridgeline, I wrote it because someone drummed up a meaningless comparison and then proceeded to falsly represent both sides.

That's not to say you can't compare the two, but if you are going to do it, than do it.
Can I up one with a "hoverboard " ? >:)

Bring on the flames :grin:

Over $40,000 ( as OP ) vs +- $400

Just the name will get me flames ! >:)

· Registered
2,316 Posts
but the skateboard offers no rear seat privacy for those couples hot in the pursuit of monkey business.

· Registered
2,264 Posts

· Registered
2,264 Posts
OP is showing a lot of immaturity here. "In Matt's opinion, the F150 was the better truck for him. He's wrong, boo hoo. Let's mock him."
uhm...there are many comparison posts but this is making fun of those that compare two totally different types of vehicles.
see, truck and a skateboard...totally different. which makes it FUNNY.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
uhm...there are many comparison posts but this is making fun of those that compare two totally different types of vehicles.
I hope he doesn't quit his day job and try to take it on the road to the comedy circuits. He'll be broke and destitute. You'll see him with the cardboard on the corner begging for change. :grin:

· Registered
1,506 Posts
I hope he doesn't quit his day job and try to take it on the road to the comedy circuits. He'll be broke and destitute. You'll see him with the cardboard on the corner begging for change. :grin:
...When you have to explain the joke....then...:surprise:

· Registered
971 Posts
OP is showing a lot of immaturity here. "In Matt's opinion, the F150 was the better truck for him. He's wrong, boo hoo. Let's mock him."

I would agree only because Matt was comparing the two based on his interest in a midsize based on the truck he has is great, but won't park very easily in most cases and it's probably a big deal to him. In other words he may be thinking towards getting a Ridge and joing you welcoming bunch.

He compares it one person didn't like it and made a joke of it. In other words what a joke it was for someone to even bother.

But he is toying with a midsize in his mind perhaps he was just looking for a conversation about it nothing more?

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,671 Posts
tap tap....mods, are you paying attention? the character minimum is too high!!! there is no point to making it 10 characters.
Umm, sorry. The would be in the realm of the admins, not us mere mods. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.