Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
"After all, except for its relatively short bed -- five feet compared to six or more for a full-sized truck"

Another comparison to a full sized truck. How long are the beds of a Tacoma or a Frontier?

That's what I thought.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did owned a Dodge Dakota extended cab and the bed was only 4" longer than the Honda. They shuld compare this truck to the same size. MID size.
I guess Honda did it it self when they start to compare it self to the F150.
Still waiting .......I guess NY dealers dont care...

L

·
0 Posts
Just joined and I thought I would stop in and say hi! My Ridgeline will be in the end of the week and I have been sitting on pins and needles since September to drive it.
I can't believe the prices on H & A compared to Dealer prices. I'm saving $800.00 plus and I was able to add more to the list because of that savings. I have already test driven the truck and if I were a salesperson, I would sell 10 a day just on my enthusiasm and love with the vehicle alone.
Great truck, great reviews and great web site you have here Mac. I can't wait to check into it daily for more information.
I love my Honda - Ridgeline.
LadyRidge :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting article. It's the first I've read that is overtly "traditionalist." Especially the last paragraph:

"Even so, don't expect other truck-makers to start including trunks, independent suspension and two-way tailgates on their models. That stuff's just too pricey and too fancy for traditionalists, anyway. "

This reviewer states why the traditional approaches work, then just half-heartedly mentions why Honda did it differently. I also like how he re-inforces the whole "machismo" truck owner and how wimpy the Ridgeline is. I wish I could see his face when the other truck manufacturers "start including trunks, independent suspension and two-way tailgates on their models."

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
He will probably make comments in future write-ups like, "It has been a long time coming for a truck maker to include a (2 way tailgate, In bed trunk, 4 wheel independent suspension)." And he will forget that Honda did it first.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
zero said:
"After all, except for its relatively short bed -- five feet compared to six or more for a full-sized truck"

Another comparison to a full sized truck. How long are the beds of a Tacoma or a Frontier?

That's what I thought.
You can get a Tacoma Double Cab with a 6 foot bed, and limited options compared to the 5 foot bed DC.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
There will be lots of "traditional" used pickups for macho Pete V-D to drive when Ridgeliners start trading them in!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Werd is Relative. It took me about 3 months to get used to my new generation Ram 1500. I LIKE the way the RL looks...almost like Honda hired a couple of designers from the "Battlestar Galactica" show and made them ride around in an ALCO switch engine for a week.

But then, I'm a Catamaran sort of guy in a Displacement Hull world.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Speaking of weird - is post #4 LadyRidges first post??

No, it's not that the post is weird, it's just cool the way it resurfaced. :)

L

·
0 Posts
WOW..I was just thinking the same thing Bruce.
Weird. REALLY weird.
I guess things do come back to haunt us don't they!!
:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Maybe we should get it bronzed like baby shoes. :D I like the signature LadyRidge. Maybe ladyridge should have T-Mac put the caps in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Webwader said:
Maybe we should get it bronzed like baby shoes. :D I like the signature LadyRidge. Maybe ladyridge should have T-Mac put the caps in.
Actually, I think it should be copied and then lamenated and given to her at the next ROC meet so she can display it in Ridgena! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Speaking of weird - is post #4 LadyRidges first post??

No, it's not that the post is weird, it's just cool the way it resurfaced. :)

I was just thinking the same thing. We really should preserve this. It's a piece of history!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i think its one of the best looking trucks on the market. i always have people come up to me and ask me about it. everybody so far has liked it. after all....
..... its a honda.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts