Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Windshield

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 08 Ridgeline with less than 5000 miles. I recently washed my vehicle using a soft sponge and good brand of auto wash and notice after drying the windshield had marks. The blades are good. Maybe some sand was on the windows since I had taken a trip to the beach. It’s hard to believe that this happen with wash of my windshield. Have anyone else hade this problem. ChuckW

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
My windshield earned its first scratch across half the windshield during the first week of ownership... It happens to cross my line of vision. Now after three years, I have around 50 small scratches that become annoying apparent in the bright sun and from oncoming vehicle lights.
I began my search to find out if the glass could be polished out along with several chips.

Welcome to the ROC

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
WIndshield scratches are a fact of life with the Ridgeline and so are chips and spots and anything else you can think of that can happen to windshield glass. I am on my second Ridgeline (accident in first) and the truck does everything I need a vehicle to do for me so I have to look beyond some of its cosmetic flaws and the soft windshield is definitely what I consider a flaw in design/material choices made by Honda and especially considering that this is supposed to be a "truck" and occasionally must see duty that is a bit more harsh than a passenger car.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I have not encountered any glaring problem.

I had to replace 1 windshield last year at around 100,000 miles due to a crack from a rock hit. That is about typical with any other vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information from all. I see that Honda needs to use a better windshield in their vehicles. I had a similar problem with previously owned 96 Honda Accord. They seem to chip very easy from rocks hitting the windshield.

ChuckW

·
Registered
51 Posts
Once upon a year, and a few cars, I used to use RainX on my windshield. I long since stopped using that product. :eek:

There seemingly was an increased incidence of windshield scratches on my vehicles, over time, associated with it's use. Not 100% sure whether the RainX contributed to "softening" the glass or not but I won't give it another opportunity to happen. :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sand is surely the #1 cause of this problem. That and the constant "peppering" of road debris. If you live in Mass, windshields are covered (without deductible) by your insurance co. As a rule I've never used my wipers on a dry windshield but scratches and chips still happen. I'll eventually call my insurance co to see if it actually needs to be cracked to be a covered repair. The other issue I get sometimes when the sun is low is poor outward visibility due to the glare combined with scratches. Maybe I'll go the NASCAR route and install lexan with tear-offs!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
i put a nice scratch in the windshield with my titanium wedding band. i was just drying the windshield and the towel rolled on me. oops.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My windshield is heavily scratched also.I never had a vehicle that had a windshield scratched as badly as this one. Other than that I can't find much fault with the truck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a nice long scratch running lengthwise across my windsheild approximately 16 inches long. I'm not exactly sure where it came from. But now that I've seen it, I can't stop looking at it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts