Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at Walmart Information Systems Division (ISD) in Bentonville Arkansas.
The ISD employs about 3500 people - there are lots of Ridgelines in the parking lots ( as the honda dealer is just a mile away :) ).
I have seen a red, green, white, 3 blue, 2 silver and 2 black in the parking lot on my way from my building ( next door ) to the ISD building. I took my camera the other morning an got a few images. The owner of one of the silvers drove his Element that day so I did not get a shot of it. I have not meet the owner of the red or white Ridgelines but have met all the others.
Here are the pictures - the first is my ride. One blue has fender flares - mine. One Blue has chrome wheels. One has backup sensors. The missing black has custom wheels. I never seem to have my camera when I see his Ridgeline.

Sorry for all of you that dont see other Ridgelines every day. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The blue one with the backup sensors also has the Optional H Grill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You should organize a meet. You could do it at lunch and beat the current record! Let's see a group photo.

It should be easy to communicate and set up if you guys are IS.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,288 Posts
You also need to give all those Ridgeline Owners this website. But, I think you should have blurred their plates before posting the pics :eek:

Personally I don't even see that many around town, though I see 3 in my neighborhood, I have directed each to check this site out. The one lives one block over and the other visits a family member often.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have left all of them the ridgelineownerclub.com.

I think all of them are lurking here.

I don't know if I can get them into a meeting but I will ask about it.

Walmart is a 7x24x365 demanding mistress. It would be hard to meet anywhere else but there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's cool to see that many Ridges in the same lot for sure! It looks like your truck is the only one without the dealers brand on the back. Did you remove yours, or did they miss putting it on? Personally, I hate the fact that a dealer sells you a vehicle and has the nerve to stick an advertisement on it. If they give you a good purchasing experience and good service, they should expect that if someone asks, you can give them a plug.
Nice pix!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've had mine since July 30th, and I have YET to see another one, anywhere.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Honda Guy, I see you're in WV....me too...near Clarksburg. I bought mine from Urse Honda in Bridgeport.

They told me at Urse the Blue is so popular, they have not been able to get any more since I bought mine. I hope they don't make anymore blue at all, then ours will be the most sought after LOL.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Maybe i'm biased since I have them, but doesn't the Ridgeline look a hundred times better with running boards? Look at the pictures with running boards, and those Ridgelines just look like they have a more aggressive stance. The rear splash guards also help.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jch said:
It's cool to see that many Ridges in the same lot for sure! It looks like your truck is the only one without the dealers brand on the back. Did you remove yours, or did they miss putting it on? Personally, I hate the fact that a dealer sells you a vehicle and has the nerve to stick an advertisement on it. If they give you a good purchasing experience and good service, they should expect that if someone asks, you can give them a plug.
Nice pix!
Yes, I removed the dealer ad on the rear of my ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ehaley,
Agree with you about looks of running boards, but wanted to keep mine functional and would install them only if necessary. So....did the granny test (84 yr old, 5'1", 106lb mom - a dynamo and the healthiest member of the family). Granny checked it out and said no need. Ridgeline is easier to get into than wife's Pilot !!!-)

I knew I would be sensitive to Ridge mpg and didn't want to add anything to increase drag, though I do have the roof rack for hauling kayaks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The best way to take it off is with dental floss. Just run some of it between the emblem and the paint, and voila!! The remaining residue can be removed with goof off. Just be sure to test the goof of on a hidden painted panel first, such as under the hood. SOME paints are sensitive to goof off, etc, but most are just fine. I didn't have any problems with goof off and my 2003 Accord.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AHart said:
How did you remove the dealer ad? I want to take mine off too, but fear messing up the paint.
Mine was a vinyl decal and I just peeled it off with my fingernail. then used some liquid car wax to remove any goo left over.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you want to remove vinyl letters or stickers, NOT rigid plastic or metal emblems applied with double sided sticky tape, you can use a heat gun or hair dryer. You must be very careful and go s-l-o-w-l-y being careful not to overheat the area to avoid damage. Heat the area slowly just to the point where the vinyl starts to change texture and then simply peel it off. If the vinyl is on a plastic part such as the bumper (covers) on the Ridgeline you need to be especially careful so that you don't overheat the plastic or paint. It is a fine line between just heating the vinyl enough to let it release and overheating the surface that it is mounted on, hence the need to go slowly. If the vinyl happens to be on a thin piece of glass, slowly heat a much larger area than the vinyl itself and let it cool slowly. A plastic putty knife can help with the process. WD-40 is a great and safe way to remove any remaining goo.

Closer to the topic, I have never seen so many Ridgelines at one location unless it was a Honda dealers lot. Are they all ROC members? If not, print a ROC brochure and give 'em a 'ticket' http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734&page=2&pp=10&highlight=brochure :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a fellow Wal-mart employee here in Mass, but proud to say my Ridgeline is the only one in that parking lot...well except when my brother (gweppy) comes to visit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts