Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of the Ridgeline TV commercial? This is the best, most inovative truck I have ever driven or seen. Compared to the product it is trying to sell, the commercial stinks. I think a clever advertizing campaign would do wonders for those mediocre sales figures.

Any ideas?

How about a tailgate party showing the duel tailgate and a trunk full of beer & soda.

Mimic VW's commercial with the guy opening all the windows from outside.

I read somewhere they picked up a RL by the bed tiedowns. I'd like to see that.

Any others?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'd be happy just to see any commercial, and the trucks selling out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Commercials? Im a rolling commercial. Still wondering how may people Ive sent to the chiropractor's office with neck pain from checking my ridge out as I drive by. :eek:

It just about sells itself :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
There's no doubt that Honda should be jumping all over all of the great press reviews along with the 5 star crash test rating (the 1st 4 door truck to ever achieve this distinction). The innovations are great but this should be secondary to the wonderful things everybody in the know has to say about this vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree with bellteck..just driving by people is the best commercial...i can't believe i've only seen 2 other ridge's on the road.....

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Think about what you just said, mark017. Do you see the problem yet???

·
Registered
188 Posts
shovelhd said:
Think about what you just said, mark017. Do you see the problem yet???
I STILL have not seen another one on the road! :mad:
That is bad for 3 months being out.
Had a garage sale today and had 3 showings. :)
Then, one idiot almost backed into it, in my driveway.
Good thing my wife was alert and he had his window down to hear the screams! :eek:
I hate garage sales.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Enjoy the exclusivity while you can. We need more Tacos, Frontiers and Colorado's. In a year, RL's will be commonplace. Hopefully not trendy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I finally saw my first Ridgeline TV commercial tonight while watching Rock Star. It mentioned the crash test rating.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Seems there are 3 maybe more commercials on. I cheer for each one when it comes on. My wife thinks I am nutty.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
shovelhd said:
I finally saw my first Ridgeline TV commercial tonight while watching Rock Star. It mentioned the crash test rating.
This sounds like a new one. I hope to see it soon.

When we bought ours in April, it seemed like a media blizt was going on. We saw them on different channels with some regularity. I also saw many print ads in magazines. Then it went quiet.

TV ads are necessary and will pay off. In fact, it was a TV commercial that prompted us to take a test drive. We had not even been talking about getting a new vehicle.

Whenever a Ridge ad comes on, we stop everything and watch it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
captmiddy said:
Seems there are 3 maybe more commercials on. I cheer for each one when it comes on. My wife thinks I am nutty.
I do the same, and my girlfriend thinks I'm nutty as well. :D

On a side note, the only time I've seen a Ridgeline commercial recently was during an episode of Will & Grace. I haven't seen any commercials during baseball, golfing, or basketball. I wonder what demographic Honda marketing is targeting? :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
methodtim said:
I do the same, and my girlfriend thinks I'm nutty as well. :D

On a side note, the only time I've seen a Ridgeline commercial recently was during an episode of Will & Grace. I haven't seen any commercials during baseball, golfing, or basketball. I wonder what demographic Honda marketing is targeting? :)
I saw 2 last night during the Home Run Derby on ESPN. And in general, since about the only thing I am allowed to watch during the summer is baseball, I must be seeing them on NESN somewhat regularly. This baseball thing ends this weekend though when SciFi starts up its new season, then I get to have Fridays back ;). Yes my wife is a baseball freak. I think I have also seen them a few times on TLC/HGTV which would make sense because it is sort of the DIY type vehicle with some sport function added in.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've only seen the "belt buckle" ad and frankly don't think it does justice to the product. I think they should play up the safety features more. I like the idea of a tailgating ad too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
tedridge said:
I've only seen the "belt buckle" ad and frankly don't think it does justice to the product. I think they should play up the safety features more. I like the idea of a tailgating ad too.
I think the belt buckle ad is dumb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts