• Towing
  • Room for people
  • Side opening tailgate
  • Trunk in bed
All without saying anything.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I agree, We saw this commercial on TV a few weeks ago. It is definitely a classic. Who's fish was that anyways????:p :D :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK - so doesn't that commercial show the trunk opening in a way that it doesn't open on the real truck - with the tailgate opened down, as opposed to sideways?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It opens either way, rwwdel. Normally you would open from the side to get to the trunk though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Strange - on my truck, with the tailgate down, the trunk doesn't open. I'll mention to dealer next time I'm in.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Make sure it is unlocked first. Check the glovebox see where the trunk lock switch is on or off...... Then it should open with the tailgate open/down in either position.:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would you leave sleeping bags in the back where they will get dusty going down the dirt road when the trunk would provide a perfect place for them to keep clean.
Remember, always cover your load!

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK - works fine now and I'm feeling a bit foolish. Thanks for straightening me out.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Depends on what you want to preserve more, the fish or the sleeping bags. Also it seems to me their trip may be over, so they won't need the bags till the next trip, so maybe they will wash them.

This seems to be a fairly frequent commercial for the Ridgeline that we see on TV. Actually I can't remember the last time I saw another Ridgeline commercial unless you include the overall truck comercial from Honda which has all their trucks.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I don't think commercials necessarily rely on logic to get their point across. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Webwader said:
I don't think commercials necessarily rely on logic to get their point across. :)
I agree, Webwader. They rely on emotions. Advertisers aren't selling a product, but a feeling, and hopefully you will buy that product based on those feelings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts