Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit disappointed with the new Ridgeline. Although some things are better, some things were compromised:
1. No sliding rear window on base model.
2. Center console not as good.
3. Headlights not programmable for door open when on auto.
4. Dash lighting and displays lacking.
5. VCM on a V6, give me a break.
6. No roof and mirror ridges for aerodynamics, reduced sound and strength.
7. The cup holders absolutely suck.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Knit picking much? Holy crap man.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
A bit disappointed with the new Ridgeline. Although some things are better, some things were compromised:
Had a G1 for 9 years; don’t think I opened the rear window 9 times, and was checking whether it still worked 5 of those times.

And what’s wrong with reserving features for higher trim levels to entice people to purchase them?

Still better than most if not all.

3. Headlights not programmable for door open when on auto.That’s a thing?

Helps boost the mpg - a competitive point.

And yet it’s very quiet.

is the roof weak?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Trade it in on a Tacoma, you come up with a list twice as long then.

·
Registered
932 Posts
lol 36k is chump change for a car or truck these days.

Reactions: DOB and RidgeFox

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad. My 2007 had a sticker around $28k. Don't get me wrong I have the 2019 and have it where I want it except for cup holders and do like many things:
Truxxx leveling kit front, 265/60/18 Geolander A/Ts, S-VCM disable, Magnaflow 14" resonator with stock muffler, Honda all weather mats.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,823 Posts
So, we can assume you haven't / aren't buying one? You've found something that has compromises better suited to your wants?

Or please, tell us what you've found that has zero compromises for you … 'Enquiring minds want to know!' :LOL:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Every item above that you have complained about were known when you were contemplating purchasing your Ridgeline, were they not? So, please pardon my confusion here, If I may ask, why did you still purchase your Ridgeline?

Bill

·
Registered
932 Posts
Reactions: YetiXing

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I liked the prev Ridge and like this one too. Could have gotten a Ram 4x4 with v8 for close same price but liked the gen1 ridge so much that got the gen2 ridge - think storage. Oh and the Ram might not have fit in garage. Just a few things I feel they compromised on the next gen Ridge for auto start (which I like) etc..

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
270 Posts
Sliding rear window would be nice
I like the new console, never use the armrests
Headlights are fine
Dash is fine
VCM meh. It has it''s advantages and disadvantages
Roof on my 17 RTS has "ridges".
Cup holders do suck. My wifes 17 CRV's are better

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to criticize the OP but having been on many message boards of all the cars I have owned I have learned that people are too picky about automobile. Compared to 70's and 80's automobiles cars today are for the most part perfect. The best part of owing an automobile are the imperfections, to me they make each unique. When I have nostalgia about my first car (1985 Buick Skylark) it's about the problems it had and how it got me stranded and what I did not try and fix it. My grandfather had a K car that would spray him on the neck every time he took it to the automatic car wash. We laugh today when ever we talk about it. I agree with Top Gear when they claim new cars today are too perfect. Quirks are why i'm a petrol head. To get back to my RL it's imperfections are small fuel tank, traction control cannot be completely turned off (no overseer), no turn signals on the wing mirrors, and VCM but it's much smoother than my wife's 2011 Odyssey. I like my RL and the only way I would give it up is if it got totaled in a crash and the new ones get the ZF 9 speed, my TLX had one and it's a very hateful gearbox. Learn to love the imperfections.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
...I like my RL and the only way I would give it up is if it got totaled in a crash and the new ones get the ZF 9 speed, my TLX had one and it's a very hateful gearbox...
Puzzling to read this. Just seems so strange that Honda would put sales of Pilot, Passport and RL at great risk with the same 9-sp AT. My test drive of a 2019 Pilot with the 9AT was not at all unpleasant. There must be something more to all these unfavorable reviews...maybe something that gets worse over time?

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
My gue
Puzzling to read this. Just seems so strange that Honda would put sales of Pilot, Passport and RL at great risk with the same 9-sp AT. My test drive of a 2019 Pilot with the 9AT was not at all unpleasant. There must be something more to all these unfavorable reviews...maybe something that gets worse over time?
My guess is that most of those complaints are from pre-2019 transaxles. The transaxle got bad reviews across the board for a number of manufacturers, especially Acura, where buyers expect something better. Here's to hoping Honda has the ZF9 properly sorted from 2019 onward. I wonder if FCA is doing anything to make their version better? Or Jaguar/Land Rover?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts