Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i just got my ridgeline and i'm pretty pissed that i can't use my ipod yet. is there any way to rig an auxillary input on my 6 cd changer? (other than doing the stupid radio frequency thingy)

·
Registered
42 Posts
THis looks like what a lot of us have been waiting for. Does anyone know if the head unit will have any info from the ipod displayed? Since the installation guide shows the install in the glove box, I hope at least some info will be displayed. My other aftermarket ipod kit in another car only showed playlist 1, 2 etc, no real information from the ipod.

By the way, anyone who has removed the dash to access the headunit:

Is it very difficult to release the dash?
Once removed, when you go to put it back, how difficult is it to realign?
Once replaced, have you had any problems with squeaks or rattles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have taken out the head unit and looked at the back of it on my RTS. There are some empty socket connections, but without a schematic of the radio I am unable to determine which ones to use. Does any one know where I would be able to get the schematic?:confused:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I lost count of the number of times I've taken my dash off my Ridge. I bought the adapter for the stock 6CD changer (for my XM - MyFi) and install was super easy (I ended up needing to add in a ground loop isolator, part of why I had it apart a lot). There are a number of plugs that go into the dash, so be patient - some come out easily, others are a little tighter. They all have a release mechanism, so take the time to find it before trying to force anything. The only issue I had was trying to figure out how to move the dash around to remove it - avoiding the gear selector was difficult - make sure you put a soft cloth between it and the plastic of your dash before removing the dash.

There is only one place & way the connector will fit on the back of the head unit.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
720 Posts
ridgeln said:
I lost count of the number of times I've taken my dash off my Ridge. I bought the adapter for the stock 6CD changer (for my XM - MyFi) and install was super easy (I ended up needing to add in a ground loop isolator, part of why I had it apart a lot). There are a number of plugs that go into the dash, so be patient - some come out easily, others are a little tighter. They all have a release mechanism, so take the time to find it before trying to force anything. The only issue I had was trying to figure out how to move the dash around to remove it - avoiding the gear selector was difficult - make sure you put a soft cloth between it and the plastic of your dash before removing the dash.

There is only one place & way the connector will fit on the back of the head unit.

-ridgeln
What brand / Model number AUX connector did you use?

TIA
TL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts