Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I use my turn indicator to make a right turn, the interior signal and exterior front and rear turning lights click/blink twice as fast as when I do it for a left turn. This just started recently (2006 Ridgeline).

Any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so. As I said, both the front and rear blinkers are still operating. There would be only a single bulb in each lens, front and back for indicating turns I assume, and since both are blinking, I am assuming that isn't it.

Thanks for reply anyway,.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nine times out of ten its a bad bulb. Swap out the bulbs with new ones, see what ya got. It all boils down to resistance, or lack there of.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The others are advising you correctly, thc. The fast blink is mandated as a signal (pun intended) to the driver that there's a bulb burned out or a wiring/circuitry problem somewhere. It'll do that any time the electrical load drops too low.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
... and I thought it meant...

"floor it through this turn, there's traffic coming !.." :act060:

:act030:

·
Registered
136 Posts
My brother had something similar on his 2006 and I explained to him it was probably a bulb on the side that was blinking fast. He replaced the bulbs and that did not fix it so he ended up taking it to a shop. It turned out it was the aftermarket trailer hitch wiring. They unhooked it and he was back in business. Now he just needs to get the trailer lighting figured out when it is warmer in New Mexico.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
My brother had something similar on his 2006 and I explained to him it was probably a bulb on the side that was blinking fast. He replaced the bulbs and that did not fix it so he ended up taking it to a shop. It turned out it was the aftermarket trailer hitch wiring. They unhooked it and he was back in business. Now he just needs to get the trailer lighting figured out when it is warmer in New Mexico.
Aha ! there's a possibility we didn't consider ( Thanks frogbite ! - once again why I love this forum !) ! :cheerleader:

I installed a trailer receiver and 4 pin aftermarket wiring set-up last summer ( remember what that is ?? SUMMER! ??:act018:).. so I'll be sure to view it with suspicion if I have any rapid blinking and the bulbs prove to be good !

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It turned out it was the aftermarket trailer hitch wiring. They unhooked it and he was back in business.
Yes! :cheerleader: A malfunctioning wiring adapter like this will alter the blinker circuit load enough to activate the rapid-flash warning.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
Light bulb or flasher or bad wiring. One of those 3.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
... and I thought it meant...

"floor it through this turn, there's traffic coming !.." :act060:

LOL.. You might be on to something.:act062:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.