Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my first install post. I installed a rigid industries SR Series 20" light bar in my lower Center grill slot. I absolutely love this light bar!

Pig you have any questions please ask, and I apologize for the extremely dirty bumper and vehicle, it was -30° c and I wasn't about to wash it! Lol

I mounted the bar to the plastic of the bumper as I didn't make custom brackets. Otherwise I would have screwed it to the metal bumper, but if I had to with these brackets it would have blocked the flood lights I'm the led bar from doing their job. It's solid in this position, and I think it looks great.

The kit comes with all it's own wiring and a toggle switch. I penetrated the fire wall through a rubber sear just behind the brake fluid resivour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. Is the light on the garage just the light bar or with the headlights too? How much?
Thanks! Got the bar for just under $500 on amazon, and that's with HID's on as well on the garage door.

It lights up trees and houses up to like 75' in the air with an effective viewing distance of about 2-300 meters. Very nice!

The way I see it is I'll probably have that thing forever, whether it stays on the truck or goes on a quad or something later down the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
that is like what I did with my light bar i also got a factory fog light switch and wired it up to that so it looks stock on the inside of the truck. I put the 30" visionX Evo Prime light bar in.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,238 Posts
Nice work guys. Steve? How about some pics with your light bar in action?

One quick question: do you think the light bar will restrict cooling flow in the warm months?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice work guys. Steve? How about some pics with your light bar in action?

One quick question: do you think the light bar will restrict cooling flow in the warm months?
ok I will have to get you picture of the light bar on I also have HID in the Headlight DRL and fog lights. there is over 17,000lm of light on the front of my truck.

About the cooling fan questions i have not had any problems with cooling i have had it installed for over a year.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
That's really cool! Well done.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Steve, how much did you pay for yours? And what is it mounted to? Just the plastic bumper?

·
Registered
32 Posts
--------------------------------------

Absolutely in love with the positioning of these light bars! Unfortunately, I dont have ~$1000 to spend on a rigid or vision x, so I made the leap of faith and purchased a no-name china brand that had decent ratings. I will post an install thread and my findings when Im done! Stay tuned and thanks for the inspiration! :act035:

·
Registered
53 Posts
How hot do these get? I know some of them have huge heatsinks and cooling fins.
All most all light bars will have heatsink or cooling fins. I have not noticed that much heat coming from it. I will have to check some time. if you think about it when your using it you most likely are driving and the air will cool it. if it does get warm. or if you using it when your not driving it most likely its not on long. so I dont think heat is a problem.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Nice! :act035:

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Steve, how much did you pay for yours? And what is it mounted to? Just the plastic bumper?
The VisionX Light bar cost $1,399.00
I mounted it to the metal bumper support the mounts that came with the light bar worked just right for the height to fit in the bumper opening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts