Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would agree...

It's a luxury truck that does all I need it to do... Hauling gear, towing a couple times a year, transporting family, navigation and Bluetooth connection, nice sounding sound system, smooth yet peppy ride, heated seats, rear AC, AWD, etc...

It's not perfect but I think it fills the niche just fine!

·
Registered
101 Posts
But I'm no gentleman. Just ask my wife....she would tell you, but she's done gone and left the house with my RL again.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The 2017 Honda Ridgeline was not built to be a roughneck truck or a rock crawler, it was built to be a gentleman's truck.
I have to say I disagree. How about ladies and gentlemen? A member of our board is considering buying one after my review, I am willing to bet his wife steals it in less than a month.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have to say I disagree. How about ladies and gentlemen? A member of our board is considering buying one after my review, I am willing to bet his wife steals it in less than a month.
I think the implication is gentleman or gentlewoman. I don't think he was being gender bias by stating what he did. Let's not start this thread up as a millenials thing. You can hardly keep up with what they find offensive these days.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What is the purpose of this post? Help me understand......
It just like 80% of the post on this forum, there all pretty much what I would call dislikes and complains about their RL's and why don't they preform like a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota truck. Any person buying a RL and expecting to get one of those type of trucks must have not really looked at what they were buying, or don't know what they are purchasing. To get back on subject here, the RL is truly a up scale luxury vehicle and being on my second one I can tell you that everyone that rides in my RL comments on the luxury ride and feel of the vehicle. Many times we go to social events and I want to go in the RL , thus leaving the 2016 Acura RDX home, it gets a good response form both Lexus and Mercedes owners and most can't believe it a HONDA. It's truly a vehicle that is totally different then other pickups, I've always said that it's a luxury SUV with a box on the back.

trainman

·
Registered
166 Posts
The RL rides like a dream. Its handles bumps like an MDX, has the sportiness of a TSX and has the capability of a good old american pickup. Honda, IMO hit it out of the ball park with this RL. I have had mine since july 25, and 2800 miles later this thing is the best invesment i have ever made. I can take it down into the town and it looks great. I can take it on to the beach, throw my paddleboard in the back, throw it in "sand" mode and have a ball.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think the implication is gentleman or gentlewoman. I don't think he was being gender bias by stating what he did. Let's not start this thread up as a millenials thing. You can hardly keep up with what they find offensive these days.
What generation takes things wayyy too seriously? I was joking around, not sure what you are going on about.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's the VFR of trucks. The VFR is the gentleman's sportbikem:D
While I really love the VFR, and it is a Honda product, I would argue that my Ducati ST2 is a real gentleman's sportbike.

Attachments

Reactions: ToneGuy007

·
Registered
15 Posts
At least three other people must agree. I was running around town and ran into three other 2017 Ridgelines, #one at the mall, #two at Best Buy, and # three at the car wash. It is rare to see any other 2017's out on the streets.
I felt, for awhile, that the world was right again.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Unfortunately, everything on a forum is taken as a serious statement and to heart if you do not include emoticons in your post duh!!!:surprise:0:):frown::nerd::x:grin::wink::crying:>:):|
Of course. Sort of like on most women's groups I belong to where you insult the crap out of someone and then add a :p behind it and all is well.

I will keep that in mind in the future.

I really wouldn't call this a gentlemen's truck, it is a real man's truck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My wife would rather drive my truck anyday! I'm pretty sure she'd take one in a heartbeat but probably not another car payment.

·
Registered
417 Posts

*Disclaimer: before you Honda fan-boys start raging, just poking fun! *

Reactions: Nervey and OhSix
1 - 20 of 46 Posts