Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my self in some trouble, nothing major, i was able to dig myself out, but still first time i got stuck, the sand was really loose i was going slow and the truck just sunk out of no where

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was like quicksand i did not expected to be so loose, i had 30 psi and air down to 24 psi after i got stuck, did a little digging and was able to slowly get out.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm surprised that you run at 30PSI during your normal beach stuff. Most of the internet wisdom that I come across calls for around 15psi in sand. Its impressive that you haven't got stuck yet but I guess you are mostly driving on firm / packed sand? You are running KO2s for tires, right?

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised that you run at 30PSI during your normal beach stuff. Most of the internet wisdom that I come across calls for around 15psi in sand. Its impressive that you haven't got stuck yet but I guess you are mostly driving on firm / packed sand? You are running KO2s for tires, right?
Some of the beaches have very loose sand and until now never got stuck, once before i air down to 28psi, this time the quicksand caught me by surprise. After the digging i had to go backwards and forward to get some momentum going, i could not get the engine to go above 3000rpm´s even in 1st gear, so with that rocking motion back and forth was able to start getting more momentum, once i got more power from the engine then i had no trouble to continue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts