Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the factory Michelin tires that came stock on the Sports is now discontinued and out of stock. I wanted to see what other tire people have put on and what their experiences were as I will be looking to replace within the next few months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I put on the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/60/R18T last February. I have had them a year, and I love them. Especially in the snow. There was a little rubbing at first, bit there is nothing now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,347 Posts
If you liked the OEM Michelins, just get the Defender all seasons. These are the heir apparent to the LTXs and the highest rated all season tire according to Consumer Reports.

Switching to an all terrain tire will likely increase noise and rolling resistance (poorer fuel economy). AT tires are most often heavier as well which can adversely affect ride, handling, acceleration and fuel economy. If tough looks and or off road performance are of high importance then get the AT's but be prepared for the trade offs . . .

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Like everything else its all about trade offs. Whats good for you doesnt mean its the best for me, all depends on what you do and how often. I will sacrifice a bit of mpgs and performance on asphalt and will even go as far as the life of the tire vs some much better off road performance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, all good points. We mainly do highway driving....and 10-15k a year so I will probably stay with some type of all season like the OEMs. As noted, some people have different preferences and do less mileage or off road and want a little more meat to the tire. Just does not fit my situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts