Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my RL two weeks ago and it`s worked great. But three days ago I tried to jump start another car with dead battery, with no success. I then parked my RL in the garage and turned the ignition off. When I tried to start it a little later it wouldn`t start. All the lights are normal and everything is working, but when I turn the key to "III" nothing happen.
I have checked all the fuses and relays, and today I installed a new battery, but still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a -06 RTL with 119k miles

·
Registered
672 Posts
That's not good. I've heard of issues with our trucks jumping other vehicles, but this is kinda new sounding. Did you use a memory saver when you changed the battery, or did you just disconnect it?

The RL's electrical system is pretty finiky when it comes to the battery and a few other select things.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,137 Posts
When you say it won't start, do you mean that it cranks, but just won't turn over or do you just get a click when you turn the key? Using the RL to jump another vehicle isn't the best thing to do. The truck's electrical system is so involved and reliant on proper voltage and loads that anything abnormal can cause problems. You may have done damage to the alternator or starter. Both parts are relatively expensive compared to most other vehicles.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,966 Posts
It is difficult for me to believe that the automotive designers don't take into account jumpstarting another vehicle. Prior to your post Alex, I don't recall ever hearing about the electrical systems of the newer vehicle being problematic when jumpstarting.

I normally wouldn't think twice about it. But now I have to wonder.

In the OP's case, what are your service options in Norway?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.