Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those lucky enough to have their RL already please rate the cab stereo sound. I live in a area were the closest RL at this time is 115 miles away. 540-watt E or the 225-watt T. The subs (behind the rear right seat) are the same based on the parts breakdown pages. The E has Panasonic speakers that are heavier (larger magnets for more power handling) while the T has Pioneer speakers less 1 center speaker than the E setup has. The parts list states that the head/navigation unit is a Clarion in both with different model numbers telling me the amps are internal to the units. My current Accord from 2006 was a nightmare to get the sound right. I want to avoid having to deal with this again if possible and at this kind amount of money I expect great sound! Thanks for all replies in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those lucky enough to have their RL already please rate the cab stereo sound. I live in a area were the closest RL at this time is 115 miles away. 540-watt E or the 225-watt T. The subs (behind the rear right seat) are the same based on the parts breakdown pages. The E has Panasonic speakers that are heavier (larger magnets for more power handling) while the T has Pioneer speakers less 1 center speaker than the E setup has. The parts list states that the head/navigation unit is a Clarion in both with different model numbers telling me the amps are internal to the units. My current Accord from 2006 was a nightmare to get the sound right. I want to avoid having to deal with this again if possible and at this kind amount of money I expect great sound! Thanks for all replies in advance.
I don't think the sound system in the RTL-T is anything special. I'm not an audiophile and maybe just can't distinguish a good system from a bad.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've got a 2015 Accord and it is a joke. I don't have high hopes for the Ridgeline. Doesn't matter for me because I rip it all out and go aftermarket.

·
Registered
415 Posts
FWIW, I had to replace the stock JBL speakers in my Highlander because I blew a speaker. I replaced them with Rockford Fosgate mainly because they were very low priced, and they blew the JBLs out of the water. Might be a cheap way to go if people are going to use the stock HU.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Tried the stereo in the RTL with the 5" screen and stock speakers (obviously). I thought it sounded pretty damn good for a OEM system!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Audio is SO subjective. I strongly suggest you seek out the models/units you want to compare!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts