Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Will you attend ROC Rally and Cruisin the Coast 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
There you have it, folks -- photographic proof that Tony's truck got rained on! :D

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
There you have it, folks -- photographic proof that Tony's truck got rained on! :D
Wow, what a shame!! There has to always be a first time for everything. He probably has the in-bed trunk full of "sham wows" just for this type of emergency. BTW, what is it with all the tea drinking!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
Wow, what a shame!! There has to always be a first time for everything. He probably has the in-bed trunk full of "sham wows" just for this type of emergency. BTW, what is it with all the tea drinking!!
Jimmy said I cry to much. Go figure. That is not tea, that was Crown and Coke.

·
Registered
162 Posts
After much thought today, I will admit that Tony & Djeaux did a FANTASTIC job of organizing this meet at CRUISING THE COAST. The FOOD was GREAT, the CONVERSATION was GREAT, the ROC members that attended were GREAT. I realize this and I'm sure that KEITH would too if he was in town. I figure that KEITH MUST be AWOL because we have not heard from him. Maybe Keith went with Obama to get the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE in OSLO, NORWAY. I figured that since Chicago lost the olympics, they awarded OBAMA the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE! Afterall, KEITH was the FIRST ROC member to acknowledge that he could not attend the meet. TONY & DJEAUX , you deserve the ROC MEET AWARD. I can't wait until 2010. We WILL BE BIGGER and BETTER. We will try to book rooms across from the Beau Rivage along the beach. We will be able to watch the cars from the front yard of the hotel. Keith will be proud of TONY & DJEAUX!:):D:eek:We sure wish you could have made it KEITH. This could have been an opportunity to put some break in miles on your new car!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Maybe Keith went with Obama to get the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE...
I think Keith is devastated that he didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize! :D But yeah, he could have gotten some break in miles on the Maxima ... or maybe some break down miles ;)

Folks, this was a great weekend event, and we're already talking about a bigger & better Crusin' the Coast III in October 2010. Tony did a helluva job organizing the meet. I just can't say that enough. He went the proverbial extra mile with very limited time & resources, and he "done good!"

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
After much thought today, I will admit that Tony & Djeaux did a FANTASTIC job of organizing this meet at CRUISING THE COAST. The FOOD was GREAT, the CONVERSATION was GREAT, the ROC members that attended were GREAT. I realize this and I'm sure that KEITH would too if he was in town. I figure that KEITH MUST be AWOL because we have not heard from him. Maybe Keith went with Obama to get the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE in OSLO, NORWAY. I figured that since Chicago lost the olympics, they awarded OBAMA the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE! Afterall, KEITH was the FIRST ROC member to acknowledge that he could not attend the meet. TONY & DJEAUX , you deserve the ROC MEET AWARD. I can't wait until 2010. We WILL BE BIGGER and BETTER. We will try to book rooms across from the Beau Rivage along the beach. We will be able to watch the cars from the front yard of the hotel. Keith will be proud of TONY & DJEAUX!:):D:eek:We sure wish you could have made it KEITH. This could have been an opportunity to put some break in miles on your new car!
When I first thought about attending I checked the beach side all the way to Perdido and no vancancies, Shrimp Festival and Crusin the Coast is too much the same week. I will make it next year if I can get on the beach for 3 nights. Not driving that far for anyting less!! Great job with the meet and the pics! Great pics!!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Just thought I'd link to one of Tony's pics for those of you who are too lazy to follow the link! (Tony is not in this photo...)

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK TONY, DUNCAN has drawn the line in the sand. You hook him up with a location for a guarnateed stay of 3 days and 3 nights near the beach:eek::), he will come to Cruising The Coast 2010. You better get to booking the rooms. Is there any other request? How about FLA-VYK?????????We will guarantee to supply you with some CAJUN STYLE NEW ORLEANS RED BEANS AND FRIED CAT FISH!!FMS1- Eddie & Karen, we will book close to Beau Rivage :) so that the slots will be close. RollTide, we do what it takes. DNICK & Denise, we expect you to come back. Starfixer, we will allow you to direct traffic with all those fancy strobe lights. LarryR, we will all bring our engineering problems to you to solve. Djeaux, all you need is a LSU hat. Ridgeline2006, Tony Da REAL MAN, we will supply an enclosed trailer to keep the RIDGE out of the RAIN!:pWhat can we do to get RustyH to come show us that GOOD LOOKING RIDGE?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
As long as there's no conflict with the Sedona meet in June...I wouldn't mind taking a week or so off and making the drive back to Big Easy for a visit. The last time we were there, my wife and I only had a day to check things out before hitting the road again. I should have at least three weeks saved up by then (assuming I still have a state job) so figure three days driving out, three days driving back with about four days stay wouldn't be bad. Keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
OK I am working on next year arrangements for ROC'n the Coast which will be held During Cruisin the Coast Oct 3-10 2010. We are going to put together hotel rooms that we can all stay and we are hoping to make ROC'n the Coast a two or three day event. I am in contact with a hotel on beach blvd and I am starting by blocking twenty rooms for the ROC. Food should not be a problem, there are many great places to choose from. Next year will be bigger and better and I hope that everyone that attended this year will return and we invite those you couldn't to join us. Although it is a year away the time will fly by so mark you calendar and join us. I just hope I did not disappoint anyone this year and I hope to make next year even better. I am open to any suggestions so don't hesitate, send me your ideas and we will try to improved the 2010 Rally.

I have video that I have posted on youtube. This is the group entering the National Park.

Video in Gulf Island National Park

Second Set of Pictures

Third Set of Pictures

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
One last picture, courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. FMS1 (Eddie & Karen). A group of us were standing around at the Park while Tony showed off his under-hood lighting system. Somebody said "I feel rain," and this photo captures Tony's reaction! Priceless!

·
Registered
463 Posts
It would be great if we can get both groups together.Maybe a spring meet at the Honda plant in Alabama?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
It would be great if we can get both groups together.Maybe a spring meet at the Honda plant in Alabama?
Hey Phil I am working along with 25 Year Honda Owner and hopefully we will get things together for a spring rally in northern Alabama. We would love to be able to tour the Honda plant and a make it a 3 or 4 day show so we can get more things done. I sure will be emailing the group that attended ROC'n the Coast so stay tuned for updates

121 - 136 of 136 Posts