Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking how nice it would be if there were some 'official' ROC business type cards we could purchase here...and hand out to Ridgeline owners (or put on windshields of trucks we see on errands, work, etc.).

A nice way to introduce new people to the site...since yelling at folks driving isn't that safe (and may be perceived as Road Rage here in CA!!!).

Does anyone wish to take off with this idea?

I'd be the first one willing to pay for a dozen cards with the Ridgeline logo and the website address on the front of the card and possibly a short message on the back side (if necessary).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I like the way you are thinking kahnartist! Don't stop now! :)

We all should carry the ROC brochures in the glove compartment. The business cards are easy to make. I guess that a template or MS Word document file could be created to save everyone the trouble of making their own cards. I will dig up mine when I go to the computer where they are located the next time. If someone else can post theirs, great! Mine was pretty simple and used the old logo.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
T Mac said:
I'm actually looking into the business card thing for both sites. Stay tuned...
I like the cards better than the brochure. At least you don't have to figure out how to fold them.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Plus they'll fit in the clip in the center console.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Never wanting to miss the opportunity to promote the ROC, I carry the cards with me in my wallet for times when I am not within reach of the truck where I keep both the brochures and additional cards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PDF of ROC 'business card' idea

This is my idea only...just to get the juices flowing. Created in QuarkXpress and saved as 2 page PDF.

Business card with logo on one side (margins for the Printer folks)...
Wanted to state the site wasn't 'approved' by Honda in small text (7 pt.).

Back side: same color (for one color card front and back).

Took some of the stuff I posted on Craigslist and tossed it on. Mentioned site was developed by 'enthusiast' (not sponsored). FREE to join.
Lot of good info from people who own and drive the trucks.

Let the creativity begin and feel free to steal-er-copy what I put down. Heck, I won't even charge you for it.

Happy and SAFE Holidays to all,
kahnartist

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Way to go. That is awesome. I like what you said with one exception. I really think we are THE largest Ridgeline group on the web. Can anyone confirm that?

OK, here's a request if you have the time or inclination, if not, I fully understand.

Is it possible for you to make this in a format that would match the standard business card stock of ten card to a break apart page? I think I can probably cut and paste and make do, but I know there are others on the website who don't have the means or know how to do that.

Just a personal question too. What ya doing on this project on Thanksgiving eve? Don't you have to make anything for dinner tomorrow?

I should be in the kitchen right now. . .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truckin:
The reason I'm working 11/23...is that our company was open. We are open all the days the New York Stock Market is (we are a huge financial company). We did get to leave by 3:00 tho'.
And no, Thank Goodness, I dont' have to cook for anyone. We are usually invited over to my Husbands home and one of many family members cooks and we bring something pot luck (this year, DESSERT!).

I have no problem doing what you are requesting on the cards; but not sure WHAT you are requesting. Are you asking for the cards to be laid-out 10-up (in printing termonology)? If so, which way--Vertical or horizontal?

As for my statement of ROC being the 'largest' on-line forum...just by membership alone (over 1,800 members), I think this is how this would be certified. No other web-site as as many 'registered members'. Anyone agree?

Let me know clearly what you need (in Quark), and I'll be happy to pass along the open file.

If you DO have some printed, I'd love to be able to buy some from you.

I just found an on-line printer that will do 1000 full color business cards for $99. Website: clubcardprinting.com

L

·
0 Posts
My company does business cards also.
We cater to the small business and do full color cards for $2.00 per 10 for Matte and $3.00 per 10 for glossy.
I like doing them in smaller quantities in case things change you're not stuck with hundreds of cards that are out dated.
If anyone is interested, let me know. :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
kahnartist, I printed the ROC logo side of some bus. cards tonight with a label program I have. That part looks great. I did not have time to format something as an explanation on the back side, but I looked at what you'd done on this pdf.

I won't be able to work on mine again for a couple of days, I'm afraid. The end of the month gets a bit crazy for me.

Anyway, thanks for your offer and your effort. It got my butt half way in gear to create some for myself. I'll have to see if I can convert the final product into a pdf, and if I can, I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Truckin' do you know the size of the cards on that 10 x 10 sheet? It is pretty easy to lay those out on a layout program if you know the card dimensions. I thought I had a stack of those, but can't find my box of odd print products (probably in the basement from 5 years ago).

Another thing, is what would be the point of printing in full color when you are dealing with a gray scale logo? Wouldn't it be best just to print gray scale and save the cost of color prints? Personally for something like this, I would think a quick print on a home printer is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Okay I went to Avery and found a 2 x 5 sheet of cards. I took the general document that kahnartist posted and generated a draft of business cards. I still think that T Mac intends to build us some nice cards, but for anyone in a rush to put a few in their glove box maybe this will suffice for now. Again I did this with a document layout program not Word so hopefully it works for everyone.

I replaced this attachment the first one was wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK-I found asite for 250 FREE color business cards and put in my order for a ROC card, using their pre-printed color templates. The first 250 cards are FREE-no gimmics or inflated shipping charges. Go to www.vistaprint.com and click on the yellow TRY US RISK FREE. I choose the swirl graphic (2nd down from the right)...because it was the least busy.
Here is what I put into the slots with Company name, etc:
HONDA RIDGELINE OWNERS CLUB
www.rigelineownersclub.com
Free on-line forum
dedicated to the Honda Ridgeline truck

Just sign up on line-its frast, easy & free
Over 1,800 members (as of 11/05)
Created by a Honda Ridgeline enthusaist
Lots of information from Honda Ridgeline owners
Truck specs, pricing info, sponsors/dealers
accessory information, photos, etc

Come up with your own stuff to say and play around with spacing and what text will fit in the design of your choice. The card comes up with all your text around the choosen design.
LOL-if everyone jumps on the bandwagon...they are going to be swamped with orders for free cards from ROCers. Enjoy everyone!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I've been carrying around some business cards I made up. I'm going to try attaching pdf files to see if they are useful to others. I blanked out the last two words where I have "to Truckin'" on my cards after the part that asks the person to say hi. You could write in your screen name or leave it blank.

Here's what I said on the back:

Do you own a Honda Ridgeline? Are you thinking of buying one? Do you have questions about the Ridgeline? Get answers at the ROC
Ridgeline Owners Club

This is NOT a Honda sponsored site. Find information on pricing, specs, and accessories, from a friendly bunch of Ridgeline Owners. It's FREE - just sign up!
www.ridgelineownersclub.com
Be sure to say "Hi"

Oops, it won't work. It says my PDF file is too big. I tried compressing it, but to my surprise, that made it bigger. Can someone help me out with this? I don't use PDF much.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks, Frank. I'll give this a shot again and see if I can get it to upload.

I had to take off the bottom line that says to swing by and say hi because the formatting changed and it didn't print in a legible way.

These should print straight onto the standard 10 card break away card stock. If you see the card stock with the sky and clouds, that looks awesome. I just happened to have some of that sitting around and the Ridgeline logo looks very sharp peeking through the clouds.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts