Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, T Mac

Did I miss an announcement :confused: , when did the ROC logo change? Just noticed it this morning, that there's a new logo at the top. I did clear out my browser cache last night, unrelated issues, so this may have happend a while ago and my system finally refreshed with the new logo. If there's a vote, I like the original but this one aint bad either.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I believe T Mac had to change the logo because he could not make contact with the original logo's creator. He needed to do so to get a better version for making all of the swag that we want.

I like this new logo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zero,

That makes sense. I'm not picky, I love the ROC and the logo could look like SOS and I'd still be proud :cool: of our site.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Yes, the logo up top did change. I also have a request in from my print shop for a quote on our die-cut decals. When I return from the EOC National Meet Sunday night, I may check mail (if I have any energy left) and see what he said. Either way, you guys will hear from me soon. Glad you guys like it.

BTW, Zero is right...the original artist vanished and I haven't heard from him in over two months. So, I contacted the same friend who has done all of our graphics on EOC, including the logo, home page graphics, meet t-shirt logos and more. In the 2.5 years we have been up over there, I think we've sold 300+ shirts and probably 300+ decals.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sweet T Mac and Zero, sounds like we're on track then to get some cool goodies for the site. I'm sure there will be a long line at the virtual check out stand for stickers, shirts, and anything else you can create.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tmac:

Can you copy the previous logo? It was so much better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the new one more better! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are some aspects of the new logo that I like, but I think a combination of the old and new would look better. For instance, the new ridgeline looks sharper but needs some lines (top to bottom) to separate the mountains as with the old logo. The new font looks good but I prefer white lettering with a black border for the word "RIDGELINE" and solid black lettering for "OWNERS CLUB.COM". Just my 2 cents :)

-SixOpRidge

L

·
0 Posts
This is the one I came up with that will be in vinyl on Lady's tailgate for the NOPI in October.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That's a Home Run Ladyridge! I like it a lot. By far the best that I have seen. Optionally, if the main body of the "Ridgeline" was color matched to the vehicle with a black or silver outline, a window decal would look great on the dark tinted back window. It sure will pop out on your silver Ridgeline. I can it in green, red, and blue but i'm not sure what could be done for those of us that are Men in Black. I guess that we could pick whatever color we liked. Silver would work. T Mac, what do you think?

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
That's a Home Run Ladyridge! I like it a lot. By far the best that I have seen. Optionally, if the main body of the "Ridgeline" was color matched to the vehicle with a black or silver outline, a window decal would look great on the dark tinted back window. It sure will pop out on your silver Ridgeline. I can it in green, red, and blue but i'm not sure what could be done for those of us that are Men in Black. I guess that we could pick whatever color we liked. Silver would work. T Mac, what do you think?
Thnaks U-H. :)
Actually, thats the reason I designed that way, so it wuld go with any color RL. My idea for the black and white RL was to put either a white or black outline around it so it would stand out, but it would be the owners choice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Here are a couple of tweaked ROC logos for your viewing pleasure :) I think the inverted graphics (white on black background) would look nice on my Black RTS.

-SixOpRidge

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
SixOpRidge said:
Here are a couple of tweaked ROC logos for your viewing pleasure :) I think the inverted graphics (white on black background) would look nice on my Black RTS.

-SixOpRidge
Looks great Six. The only problem with softened backgrounds ( around the letters ) is its hard to put that in vinyl unless you print it directly to the vinyl; which is very costly. Nice designs. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
They all look great to me. I think we have some creative and talented people on this forum!

I like the idea of getting the color to match your paint. That would definitely help them look official and classy.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ladyridge said:
I am sure the colors aren't exact but this gives you an idea.
I love the colors you've added. That does give us a better idea.

Is there a reason you didn't use the font of the Ridgeline as it appears on the RL tailgate? I guessing it's not a common font or maybe even a Honda font.

I'm completely torn. I like the Honda font. I like the lower case letters. I like all of the designs.

Thanks for giving us a peek.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts