Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I will be going Thursday after work - Bentonville US 71 North to Joplin I 44 East to St Louis. Probably arrive early Friday Morning. - Will drive until I'm too tired and will stop.

Mapquest says 335 miles 5 hours ( thats 1 tank of gas each way )

·
Moderator & Mrs. T Mac
62 Posts
The Drury Inn website states the clearance on the parking garage is 6'9". There is outdoor parking in front and back of the hotel.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The Drury Inn website states the clearance on the parking garage is 6'9". There is outdoor parking in front and back of the hotel.
Those with baskets could have a problem if not on the flat, but it could be tight as the ramp starts in elevation.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I will be going Thursday after work - Bentonville US 71 North to Joplin I 44 East to St Louis. Probably arrive early Friday Morning. - Will drive until I'm too tired and will stop.

Mapquest says 335 miles 5 hours ( thats 1 tank of gas each way )
Sneak out of work early and make it Thursday night.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Sneak out of work early and make it Thursday night.
I am leaving early - it's the little woman that has the problem. she cannot skip out early.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Shooting for noonish on Friday. Mapquest says it is just an 1825 mile hop-skip-and-a-jump from here tp the meet.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Shooting for noonish on Friday. Mapquest says it is just an 1825 mile hop-skip-and-a-jump from here tp the meet.
I guess you will be making one of the longest trips. Depending on where I leave from Washington DC primary residence or Southern Maryland about 70 miles south from DC my trip is going to be 900 miles. I got the total mileage from home in DC that is 834 but I still have to bring the truck up from Southern Maryland & come back this way on the way to St.Louis

·
Registered
162 Posts
For those of us arriving Friday do we mean the motel parking lot as a place to meet? I was late on the reservation so I am staying at another motel or under the bridge. Where I stay depends on the weather, the price of gas and the mileage I get cross country. ;) I'll recognize any of you by your truck but if you are not in your truck how do I know you are you? Am I getting all caught up in detail?

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Since you guys are planning on a lot of stuff on Friday, should we try to arrive earlier? My drive is about 6 hours or so. I can't be on the road until after 8:00 due to having to board the dog and cat. Question is, how much will I miss on Friday by not ariving until after 2:00 pm? Do we need to arrive sooner? What is the check in time in the hotel?? Is there an early check in??

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
If you did not get your hotel room before they gave up our group rate, I encourage you to still call them and give it a try. If they have the room, maybe they'll help out. Ask for the manager...I've seen it work numerous times, especially when you tell them you'll be staying at another hotel nearby just to save money. PLEASE try it. I'd much prefer to see most of us at one hotel than scattered all over the area. The other thing that is nice if you're there...when nothing is scheduled, you're likely to find others in the parking lot admiring each other's trucks or just hanging out. If you're somewhere else, you'll miss those opportunities.

Next, Friday is a caravan day of going to a few select spots in St. Louis. If you get in sometime in the afternoon, you can still try to meet up with us. I may have a phone number available that you can call to locate us. If not, we'll still announce the location/time for dinner that night and you can meet us there.

The hotel will be the gathering and departure point for the caravan on Friday and it will also be the place where we'll gather (probably in the parking lot out back) to draw tickets and give out prizes on Saturday morning before we go to Huey's.

Hotel check-in...I'm not sure what time they do check-in, check-out at the hotel. As for event check-in, we'll have it available and open on Thursday night for the early birds. We'll have it open on Saturday morning as well and then we'll take the gear with us to Huey's Honda that afternoon for any of you who don't get checked in with us. Remember - if you are coming to the meet and you want to participate in the prize drawing on Saturday morning, you should track us down (Tom/Julie) to check in and get your event shirt, lanyard, badge, prize ticket.

One key to remember for everyone - we do have some departure times for things but everything will be slightly FLEXIBLE and LOOSE. Things change once we arrive, so please be patient. Also, this is a meet but we are also adults so we have some events scheduled each day that you can participate in but nothing is mandatory. We like to go to these meets, hang out and have a good time. We do all we can to arm you with the tools you need to get around (schedules, directions, times) but the rest, including having fun, is up to you.

Good questions. Thanks! We look forward to meeting many of you and getting to hang out with several of you from last year. It's going to be fun.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
We submitted a early check in time at the hotel..... What time that is??? That's a good question... Regular check-in was after 3PM.

The Friday Itenerary calls for stops at a pizza joint and ice cream... I would hope those would be around lunch time as a dinner to be specified would probably be around 6 pm ish....
The Friday travel schedule looks to be a busy one.... I would think to get all the stops in, it would have to start around 10-11 am...

see this thread.....

http://ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15378

As the date gets closer like last year I'm sure the cell phone numbers will be flying around so you can always contact someone to see where they are at....

:)

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
As always, if the first post in this thread is not accurate, please let us all know.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
This post needs to be updated since alot more will be there.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
This post needs to be updated since alot more will be there.
agreed. I sent a message to the people who I don't have an arrival date yet. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I have listed the offenders on the first post as well... I figure maybe a little encouragement couldn't hurt. (heheeh)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will be arriving Friday night. I was late and I could not get a room online, however when I called they got us a room for the same rate and on the same floor as everyone else. See you Friday...

41 - 60 of 69 Posts