Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few RLs cruising around far western Kentucky (Paducah area) recently, and I was wondering if any of you are ROC members? If so, it might be nice to get together sometime. :)

Jim

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I've seen a few RLs cruising around far western Kentucky (Paducah area) recently, and I was wondering if any of you are ROC members? If so, it might be nice to get together sometime. :)

Jim
I bought fuel at the Pilot close to Paducah on the way home from St.Louis, a guy from Florida driving a RL pulled in for fuel and said he had been in St Louis for 10 days. When I told him about the ROC meet, he was p!ssed that he did not know about the meet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm Not in Western Kentucky, but I am is Southern Indiana, Evansville to be exact - just across the state line. I get into KY occasionally on the job - as a matter of fact, my wife and I ate at a restaurant in Henderson this evening.

I'd be up for a meet sometime if you wouldn't mind a Hoosier butting in.

rw

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...

I think you may have a RL owner parking very close to you in the near future!
What part of KY are you moving back to?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm Not in Western Kentucky, but I am is Southern Indiana, Evansville to be exact - just across the state line. I get into KY occasionally on the job - as a matter of fact, my wife and I ate at a restaurant in Henderson this evening.

I'd be up for a meet sometime if you wouldn't mind a Hoosier butting in.

rw
I wouldn't mind a Hoosier butting in at all. The main issue is that we live in the Paducah area and we don't get over that way too often. I am however familiar with the Evansville, Henderson, and Owensboro areas in that we forecast for those areas here at the National Weather Service office in Paducah. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hehe -- No really, I'm going to be parking right next to you in about a month. :D

Chris
Hi Chris,
It just sunk into my dense brain who you are and what your original message meant. When did you get a RL? I picked mine up this past December from the local dealership. It was a program vehicle with 16K miles on it. By the way, I have been well pleased with the local dealership so far. It will be cool having two Ridgelines in the office parking lot. See you soon and welcome back.

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was trying to be slightly creepy, but not full blown stalker! When I saw your message, I thought there were only so many people in Paducah that would have "weatherman" as their name, and named Jim. I can't wait to get back!

I just got the RL about two weeks ago. We sold the van and banked the cash to have for the move. I also wasn't too confident it would make it back through the mountains, and the 700 mile drive. (Chrysler)

I'm glad to hear the dealership is good there. I was wondering about that. I didn't want Spanky working on my truck! I considered sticking with a Tacoma figuring Mike Smith was pretty strong there, but took the chance on the Honda, especially since I might have to handle some winter weather coming from Mayfield, and because of the unbelievable discounts.

It's a very small world! See you soon! :cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to be slightly creepy, but not full blown stalker! When I saw your message, I thought there were only so many people in Paducah that would have "weatherman" as their name, and named Jim. I can't wait to get back!

I just got the RL about two weeks ago. We sold the van and banked the cash to have for the move. I also wasn't too confident it would make it back through the mountains, and the 700 mile drive. (Chrysler)

I'm glad to hear the dealership is good there. I was wondering about that. I didn't want Spanky working on my truck! I considered sticking with a Tacoma figuring Mike Smith was pretty strong there, but took the chance on the Honda, especially since I might have to handle some winter weather coming from Mayfield, and because of the unbelievable discounts.

It's a very small world! See you soon! :cool:
As I said in my previous e-mail, I have had no problems with the local dealership, but then again, I haven't had any problems with the Odyssey or RL worth talking about either. Of the few minor issues that have come up, they have taken care of all of them with no squabbling at all. From what I can tell, their service department seems fairly competent. Yeah, apparently they are making some pretty sweet deals on the '07 models these days. If I didn't like my '06 with all of its extras so well, I would consider trading up. I got really lucky with my RL. It was a program vehicle with 16K miles, and whoever had it put a number of OEM extras on it, several of which are rather expensive. It is also a Honda certified vehicle, so it came with a fantastic warranty (better that a new car warranty). I picked it up last December at a great price since they were trying to get rid of their stock before the end of the year. Anyway, see you soon.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts