Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ..... any plans on making avalable ridgeline t shirts and club decals ... :cool:

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Good question and the answer is - YES.

What do you guys think of the logo up top?

As a reminder, I also admin the largest Honda Element site online with over 7,000 members. We have done t-shirts and decals over there so I have lots of good contacts and we can get something going in a bit. Let's get a few more members first and then I'll put something together.

Thanks for the interest and thanks for being a part of this great, growing community!!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
T Mac,

Funny this topic should come up (re: our chat last night).

My wife is in the process of converting the graphic at the top of the page to a format so her sewing/embroidery machine can crank out a sample or two. It may take some time because we have our hands full with a near 2 year old and a 7 week old keeping us busy.

I will keep T Mac posted on our progress.

·
Registered
297 Posts
T Mac said:
Good question and the answer is - YES.

What do you guys think of the logo up top?

As a reminder, I also admin the largest Honda Element site online with over 7,000 members. We have done t-shirts and decals over there so I have lots of good contacts and we can get something going in a bit. Let's get a few more members first and then I'll put something together.

Thanks for the interest and thanks for being a part of this great, growing community!!
Yeah, that would work and I do prefer an embroitered tee over a stamped one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys.... sounds good ....the logo looks good .... maybe u can work in a silloette of the truck in the logo.... golfdude..... :cool: .... sign me up for half a dozen t-shirts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey T Mac!
I'm a graphic designer, if you need any assistance, let me know.

·
2,346 Posts
Just an update: My wife is still trying to convert the graphic to a format that her sewing machine software can use. She has been delayed because she has had to make a bunch of embroidered gifts for various friends whose kids have had birthdays recently. She has been reading in the manual and should be able to continue chipping away at the problem.

T Mac, do you have a higher resolution copy of the image? She thinks that a higher res copy may help the situation out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
zero said:
Just an update: My wife is still trying to convert the graphic to a format that her sewing machine software can use. She has been delayed because she has had to make a bunch of embroidered gifts for various friends whose kids have had birthdays recently. She has been reading in the manual and should be able to continue chipping away at the problem.

T Mac, do you have a higher resolution copy of the image? She thinks that a higher res copy may help the situation out.
Zero and T-Mac,
I may be able to help. I have Adobe Illustrator and can output to a vector based file such as .AI or .EPS.. For the sake of argument let me just say that saving to eps from bitmapped image does not convert the graphic to a vector based image that most embroiderers and silk screeners prefer. Let me know if you guys need anything. Let me know what font is that too. :p :D :)

·
2,346 Posts
She tried to mess with it yesterday (Saturday) but could not get it to show up on her sewing machine. I have a few days off coming up and I may see what I can do with it in Adobe Photoshop Elements. All she needs is a good jpeg file for her software program.

Not giving up yet. . .

L

·
0 Posts
I also own a graphics house and have already made a few decals for myself with the club logo on it. I wrote to someone on here and asked if it was alright and didn't hear back so I didn't think it was a problem if I did as long as it for just for me.
ONE of the products our company makes are custom key chains. I made one with a custom picture of my 'Line on one side and the logo on the other. It looks really cool. I have also made 3" buttons, decals and I am in the process of making trading cards of the Ridgeline lineup. Many of these with the Honda logo.
Here is the keychain!
Let me know if we can be of service.
J.C. :)

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Nice work. Making them for yourself is fine. Aside from that, you and I should talk about your service and prices on various other ROC merch items that I plan to make available.

Aside from shirts, what is everyone most interested in??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
T Mac said:
Nice work. Making them for yourself is fine. Aside from that, you and I should talk about your service and prices on various other ROC merch items that I plan to make available.

I like the shirt idea...just make sure you use good quality cotton shirts.

·
2,346 Posts
A baseball cap maybe?

·
Registered
264 Posts
My best friend owns a custom embroidery business. He uses a 12 head machine. He like stuff set up in vector format and can digitize and really clean up any artwork. He likes to start with 72 shirts and uses quality shirts like Outerbanks. He has some class accounts like Ritz Carlton.
I would be happy to get involved
Jules

·
Registered
52 Posts
T Mac said:

I like the embroidered stuff. Polo's with the logo on the left front chest and the logo small centered on the back,hooded sweatshirts (maybe next fall), coffee mugs...yeah...coffee mugs, I don't drink coffee but I could put hot chocalate or yerba mate tea in it, mouse pads???? Just throwin ideas out.
If you need that thing converted to vector based artwork...lemme know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to get a key chain.

Although the Alarm functions on the Key are a great idea, it seems strange not to have that little fob with thebuttons on it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
T-Mac, a front license plate for the logo would be a good accessory as well.

Are there any ROC decals or accessories available yet? I'd love to put something on my truck so other RL owners see it and will either join, or, stop and talk (or at least wave!).

Let us know!!!

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Good news...my artist friend is taking over this project and he should have something to me this week. I'll touch base with him tonight to see where we stand. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we do this the right way. I'm not one to rush something out just so you can have something in your hands. When I put a project together, we do it right. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.