·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey JuliE does that mean he's allowed to go to the East Side with us???:p

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's great! Hopefully that's the only ticket anyone gets over that weekend!
Funny that you say that. The night after our last Civic meet (Civic vs Scion), one guy got whammied with a 125 mph in a 70 mph, reckless, stop signs, evading and whatever else. He actually left the police in the dust on some back roads, but then some sense crept back into his brain and he pulled over before he killed someone. He spent the night in jail.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Re: Late-Night crew?

BUUURRRRRRPP ! !:eek: :eek: Pardon me. :eek: Please pass another.:D
Trying to make up my mind to attend. Been waiting on a meet closer to home, that is not going to happen, no interest. Think you guys could put up with an old dude that drinks Miller beer and/or Tennessee sipping wiskey, preferably "George Dickel".

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: Late-Night crew?

Trying to make up my mind to attend. Been waiting on a meet closer to home, that is not going to happen, no interest. Think you guys could put up with an old dude that drinks Miller beer and/or Tennessee sipping wiskey, preferably "George Dickel".
That goes without saying! Heck if they are allowing me there, they'll take anyone! :eek: :)

Are there any special local whiskey concoctions we don't know about?

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
"Are there any special local whiskey concoctions we don't know about?"

Not sure, I have never gotten past "Dickel and water" and not much water. Located in southern middle Tennessee, I live within 20 miles of Jack Daniel and George Dickel, so I am sure you can see the cause for the addiction. My wife says we can go to St. Louis if she can see the Clydesdales at the Budwiser place. Guess we will sign up and hope for the best.:)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
"Are there any special local whiskey concoctions we don't know about?"

Not sure, I have never gotten past "Dickel and water" and not much water. Located in southern middle Tennessee, I live within 20 miles of Jack Daniel and George Dickel, so I am sure you can see the cause for the addiction. My wife says we can go to St. Louis if she can see the Clydesdales at the Budwiser place. Guess we will sign up and hope for the best.:)
I hope to see the horses as well.

Maybe we'll have to do some whiskey shots! :eek: Bring up your favorite brand!

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I hope to see the horses as well.

Maybe we'll have to do some whiskey shots! :eek: Bring up your favorite brand!
If we go we will be going up I-24 getting on at the 117 mile marker (15 miles West of the foot Monteagle mountain) about 8:30 Friday morning. Know anyone that might want to convoy?

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keith - Heck! It would just be "PEACHEY" to join the late nite crew for a few
whatevers!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Keith - Heck! It would just be "PEACHEY" to join the late nite crew for a few whatevers!
Is there any specialty beverage from around your way? Perhaps some peach wine or ???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keith -- Since this is strictly REDNECK and NASCAR country, I afraid our specialty is white lighting and the last time I checked, it wasn't exactly legal,
if you know what I mean. :(

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I will bring something in the ice chest for us to taste.:D

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Yeah, true...we are talking a lot about beverages...but what about FOOD! Good thing Lion's Choice is next door and there is an Applebee's connected to the hotel. ;)

Of course, that brings up the question....just how late IS late-night for some of you? :)

Our EOC meet in St. Louis last year had some taking photos of themselves still in the parking lot when the sun came up.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah, true...we are talking a lot about beverages...but what about FOOD! Good thing Lion's Choice is next door and there is an Applebee's connected to the hotel. ;)
This will have to be discussed as well. Snack items? mini-weenies? Late night drive through places? Sonic run? Late night ice cream sundaes?
Of course, that brings up the question....just how late IS late-night for some of you? :)

Our EOC meet in St. Louis last year had some taking photos of themselves still in the parking lot when the sun came up.
There is just no telling... :eek: I can stay up VERY late if there is activity. I figure by Sunday morning, I'll be sleeping in REAL late and getting home extra late, but SAFE.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts