Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 days of thoroughly washing, claying, polishing and polymer(ing),
I got to see every imperfection 4 months and 3000 miles gave me.
Looks better than when I picked it up except for...
Rock chips or bug chips, like a starry night on my black paint.
Lots of small pin sized nicks on the front flat portion of the hood.
Exactly where the hood air reflector would be.
So, I'm deciding on that or the 3M vinyl for that part.
Everthing else was perfect, except a couple nicks in the plastic bumper in front.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think you'll still see the chips through the vinyl. My neighbor installs them and says it should be put on prior to too many miles. The air deflector will look nice and hide the chips. If you have other clean sections then put the 3M on them.
M

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We just ordered some of that 3M vinyl to give it a try on our door panels. We got a scratch from a careless person in a parking lot. I don't know if it will work over the curves. We might use it elsewhere.

Has anyone used the stick on door guards that you can buy at auto stores in a roll? I just can't bring myself to spend the $300 for the door side panels. I don't think they add anything to the look of the truck and they seem incredibly overpriced.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Truckin,

I'm using a clear protective product from this website

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1007&L3=L3_1090&SKU=77892

Use alot of soapy water mixture, and slow squeeze out the soapy water to get remove of the air pockets under the protective product. Use along the lower sill of the doors. But try and remove the scratches before putting on the material, or it will magnify the scratches. It like the clear bra material.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yep, waxing your truck gets you up close and personal with its finish....you will see every blemish. I try not to cry...:eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
We've just rolled over 3k on our 2007, and my wife noticed a couple of rock chips in the paint (she does the car washing). She was in the neighborhood of our "local" Honda dealer last week (100 miles away), so she stopped in to buy some Nimbus Gray touch-up from the parts department.

"Nimbus Gray?" Flip, flip, checking... "Nope, that's not a Honda Color."

"What? You have a Nimbus Gray RL for sale on your lot!" :eek:

"Sorry ma'am, it's not in the book..."

I ordered it from HandA yesterday. No problem... :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
We've noticed that at our dealer...the colors that are in the parts catalog don't match the real colors. The parts guy must not have been the brightest. It's in there, just under a different name. Next time, just bring the color code off the interior door and they should be able to look it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts