Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, looking for options to repair the rust that I found on my truck. Wondering if there are replacement panels that can be welded on or have to go the body metal route. The reason I am asking is because I have seen rocker replacements for several other vehicles. The body shop I went to said when they looked underneath it was a bigger job than originally thought. I wasn't able to go there so they could show me due to work hours. I picked my truck up on the weekend and looked underneath and couldn't see what they were talking about. I am getting second, third etc opinions.

Thanks.

· Registered
42 Posts
I intend on using fiberglass as well as evercoats Vette panel filler/adhesive to the bodywork on mine. the vette panel stuff works like bondo but its not water permeable like bondo is when dry so moisture wont soak into it causing furter rusting like Ive seen with bondo.
I used the stuff to do extensive bodywork on my stingray and the directions state it works well for bodywork on steel body panels as well.

· Registered
2 Posts
I intend on using fiberglass as well as evercoats Vette panel filler/adhesive to the bodywork on mine. the vette panel stuff works like bondo but its not water permeable like bondo is when dry so moisture wont soak into it causing furter rusting like Ive seen with bondo.
I used the stuff to do extensive bodywork on my stingray and the directions state it works well for bodywork on steel body panels as well.
On the ridgeline the rockers are part of the structural frame so you need to use metal to repair them.
I have rust in my doors on my ridgeline, but have assumed my body is ok. Where should we all be looking for rust on our ridgelines?
On the backside of the rockers and under the rear bumper.

· Registered
527 Posts
On the ridgeline the rockers are part of the structural frame so you need to use metal to repair them.

On the backside of the rockers and under the rear bumper.
Thank you. Back side of the rear rockers in front of the rear wheels I assume. Is there a liner I need to remove? Or should this be obvious?

I can lay under the truck for a good look under the rear bumper I assume. I know I’ve damaged my bumper pretty well already.

Only 16 years of ownership so far and this thing is a wreck. Saggy headliner. Dents all over. Several interior lights aren’t working. Driver left seat bottom bolster is all deformed. Smells like gear oil in the back seat, well until I cut the carpet out anyway… when enabled me to discover I get water back there in heavy rains. And now I’m starting to get flat tires too. Damn shame. I guess I will have to keep this pile forever now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.