Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the check engine light come on and the culprit is the knock sensor. I ordered a knock sensor and pulled the intake manifold and fuel injector rails to replace the sensor and I discovered the pigtail wire to the sensor was broken. No rodent damage involved that I can tell. I went to several auto repair stores and they don't carry the pigtail.

My next stop was the Honda dealer and I was informed that you CAN'T buy the pigtail, 5-6 inches of wire with connectors on either end. They want you to purchase the entire wiring harness to replace this pigtail, $300+.

Since the wire on the pigtail was broken at the base of the sensor terminal, I cannot repair the wire. My next stop is to scour the junk yards for a replacement pigtail.

Does anyone know if the Ridgeline knock sensor pigtail is used on other hondas? I went to one junk yard today and there were no Ridgelines. I feel like I'll have similar success at other junk yards so I want to hopefully expand my search field.

Or does anyone have an extra pigtail they'd be willing to part with?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan
2006 Rigeline

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speedlever,

Illustration #001, Part # 30531-RCA-A01, IS the part I need. It appears the picture is from an '08 model and my RL is an '06. It doesn't appear that the part is different. So, is the part available from a dealer? Maybe not my dealer, but yours or an auto repair shop? LMK please.

Nathan

ETA: I just checked the honda website eStore and the part number is the same for both the '06 and '08 models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Speed!

I am astounded that the dealer didn't want to sell me the part. If I can't get the part from another dealer in my area I will definitely give Bernardi a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.