Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the roll-n-lock for my 2008 ridgeline. I want to understand how much that tonneau cover impedes the trunk opening.

Is it true that I'll get about 16" of open clearance on my trunk?

Any fans who are happy with their Roll-N-Lock?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I love it. True, the inability to open the truck all the way can be annoying at times. Now, I only put things in there that I can get out. The ability to lock it more than makes up for it. If I need to carry something I would normally put in the trunk, I just put it in the truck bed and lock the cover. I have no regrets.

When I return from Iraq in February, I plan on develping a way to put the rear portion of the track on a hindge that I can raise and lower in order to fully open the trunk. I will post pics and outcome after I finish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've been debating between this tonneau cover and the OEM version.

For a number of reasons the Roll-N-Lock seem superior,
access to the entire bed
very secure lock
price

but I was concerned about the clearance of the truck. My guess is that I'll use the bed of the truck over the trunk once that's installed

·
Registered
366 Posts
What about when you need to get a full-size spare out of the trunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm considering the roll-n-lock for my 2008 ridgeline. I want to understand how much that tonneau cover impedes the trunk opening.

Is it true that I'll get about 16" of open clearance on my trunk?

Any fans who are happy with their Roll-N-Lock?
please quote me .i need asap the tonneau for my 2010 ridgeline

·
Registered
25 Posts
I appologize for the late response...I was having some technical difficulty with the website. If you are still in need of a quote, please visit the delaer locator on the Roll-N-Lock website at http://www.rollnlock.com/Dealers/ToPurchase/tabid/185/Default.aspx . This should return a list of Authorized Retailers in your area from who you can obtain a quote.

Best regards,

Dan Beaulaurier
Roll-N-Lock Corporation

·
Registered
50 Posts
What am I missing? How is access to the trunk impeded? when it's closed? Do other covers allow the trunk to open when they are closed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
With the cover retracted (open), one can still access and open the in-bed trunk, but the lid just doesn't open as far. It is limited by the tracks that the cover runs in. While it does still open far enough that you can get a full-size spare tire in and out, the trade-of is that (with the cover closed) the entire bed is now a lockable and totally secure storeage area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love it. True, the inability to open the truck all the way can be annoying at times. Now, I only put things in there that I can get out. The ability to lock it more than makes up for it. If I need to carry something I would normally put in the trunk, I just put it in the truck bed and lock the cover. I have no regrets.

When I return from Iraq in February, I plan on develping a way to put the rear portion of the track on a hindge that I can raise and lower in order to fully open the trunk. I will post pics and outcome after I finish.
So, did you ever make the hinged track and take pics??? Sure would be interested in seeing that and putting it into use on my Ridgeline. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts