Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a Tonnea cover and i was wondering if anyone had any thought on the one i was considering, Access 16019 Original Roll-Up Tonneau Cover by Agri-Cover, for 370.00. If anyone has any experience or knows where to get a good one for under 400.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I purchased a Access 16019 Original Roll-Up Tonneau Cover last year and have been happy with my choice. Like the quality and fit. Tapered rear edge is nice.

Not water proof but nor are most covers including hard covers. Biggest complaint some have is the noise or "flap" one hears at highway speeds. For me, not an issue. Keeps the leaves and snow out. Hides items in the bed. Gives the Ridgeline a sleeker look. Trunk access is somewhat limited but not by much.

Good luck with your search. Hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Neighbor has a relatively cheap roll tonneau and its very easy to use and convenient and looks great. Just discovered a new reason for a cover yesterday after tons of tree detritus settled in the bed, and went for a drive with the rear window open, all that tree stuff started flying into the truck like a tornado...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a Access 16019 Original Roll-Up Tonneau Cover last year and have been happy with my choice. Like the quality and fit. Tapered rear edge is nice.

Not water proof but nor are most covers including hard covers. Biggest complaint some have is the noise or "flap" one hears at highway speeds. For me, not an issue. Keeps the leaves and snow out. Hides items in the bed. Gives the Ridgeline a sleeker look. Trunk access is somewhat limited but not by much.

Thanks for the info, when you say it leaks, how bad and is it preventable. I usually go on camping trips for a week every year and my stuff getting wet does not bother me. Now i have a child and we are taking a family vacation and i do not want his stuff getting soaked. I also do not have the cash for the back flip cover. 1700 is insane for a tonneau cover.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Most tonneaus leak a little, mostly dribbles down the side. Since driving in slow commuter traffic during a rainstorm for 30 min and arriving at the airport with all luggage under the top coming out bone dry I've never been concerned about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Broot; I sent you a PM....Dutch

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a ton of info on the ROC site about tonneau covers and I think I read it all before I bought my Access about a year and a half ago. I chose it for a bunch of reasons. I like that you get to keep the front upper cleats, it allows use of almost the entire bed when rolled up, allows for good trunk opening, looks good and, being one piece, is not completely but close to waterproof. It was not hard to install but not as easy as I expected either. I carefully applied silicone caulk in addition to the foam insulation when installing the rails to help with the water resistance. I noticed awhile ago that the silicone was weathering, so I took a black permanent marker and went over it. Kind of a weird solution but it looks like new again. Can't recall what I paid off the top of my head but I think it was in the $350 range. Money really wasn't an issue but it does seem like a deal compared to some others. I should say that there are a lot of other options and people seem happy with most of them, so to each his own.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been looking at covers since I got my RL in August...not really needed since most of the time its in the garage and when wife has it at work, there are no trees around....I want it mainly for style...keep the stroller in the trunk, so wouldn't really keep anything in the bed, so that's why I haven't pulled the trigger

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question. I want a cover for my 2013 RTS. I live in New England so on any given winter morning could find 20 cubic feet of snow in/on the bed. That could weigh up to 500 lbs. Is your roll up cover reinforced with enough ribs/slats to withstand that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a question. I want a cover for my 2013 RTS. I live in New England so on any given winter morning could find 20 cubic feet of snow in/on the bed. That could weigh up to 500 lbs. Is your roll up cover reinforced with enough ribs/slats to withstand that?
I think 500 lbs. would be asking a lot from any cover. Not even sure if my roof would withstand that. But seriously, they are rated if I remember correctly. You'd have to look at their individual specs.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
The bed is rated for 1100 lbs. Think about almost half of that on top of a tonneau. That tonneau would become a bed liner real quick.
I would consider a hard tonneau cover if you want it to serve under those conditions. Even then, check the ratings.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a BakFlip GS on my 2013 Ridgeline that survived last winter in Mass just fine. Although during the worst of the storms, I went out at leasst once to clear the driveway and the tonneau cover.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I've had a Truxedo on mine since 2011 and it's held up without a single issue. My truck sits outside all year long in all of the extreme weather.

Look for the warranty as well. The Truxedo offers lifetime on everything I believe.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Access Roll up and it looks good installed. Now I see my trunk lid is slightly mis-aligned. It clears the rails on the left but snags on the right. Who knows the proper bolts for making that minor adjustment to the lid? Are they the visible three on the exposed half of the hinge, or the hidden ones mounting the hinge to the front half of the box?

·
Registered
55 Posts

Biggest complaint some have is the noise or "flap" one hears at highway speeds. For me, not an issue. Keeps the leaves and snow out. Hides items in the bed. Gives the Ridgeline a sleeker look. Trunk access is somewhat limited but not by much.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Access. Just wondering if you eliminated the flapping noise? Doesn't really sound like a deal breaker for me, unless it's loud. I always drive with my windows closed anyways.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Access. Just wondering if you eliminated the flapping noise? Doesn't really sound like a deal breaker for me, unless it's loud. I always drive with my windows closed anyways.
Mine is not too loud. Just make sure you keep it tight, like a drum. I have had mine for 3 years and it still looks like new.:act024:

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I've had a Truxedo on mine since 2011 and it's held up without a single issue. My truck sits outside all year long in all of the extreme weather.

Look for the warranty as well. The Truxedo offers lifetime on everything I believe.

Good luck!
Thumbs up on the warranty. I've had my Truxedo pro since 2008. Because I live in AZ, the sun and heat really takes its toll on the cover. When the heat melted the glue that held the Velcro in place in 2011, they sent me their re-engineered rails.

Earlier this year, the stitching on the cover started coming apart and the Velcro attached to the cover separated, so the cover was no longer attaching itself to the bed rails.

One phone call later, I had a whole new cover in the mail. I removed the old cover, attached the new cover to the original hardware and it looks great. The cover is tight as a drum and there's no flapping at all.

Plus, when I reinstalled the cover, I built some brackets that allowed the cover to follow the angle of the body now. It looks cleaner and when it rains, the water rolls righ off and doesn't collect in the middle of the cover anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts