Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a roll up tonneau cover and have found several manufacturers. Does anyone have an insight as the best one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There have been many discussion threads about bed covers. the ReTrax seems to be the most popular. Look in the EXTERIOR topic header

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If you search "tonneau" or "Retrax" on this site or look through the Accesories and Exterior sections you will find a lot of information from many members. Here is one of several threads http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1295 . I have the Retrax tonneau cover and I like it a lot. It is easy to install and does not require any drilling. Their site is www.rolltopcover.com. If you call or email them please be sure to mention that you heard about them on THIS site. If the get enough inquiries as a result of this site they may continue to offer a discount to members. If you do not want a Retrax type cover there is another thread about the (I think) Agricover which is a different type of tonneau cover.

Dont't be shy about asking questions or asking for pictures that you don't see. There are a lot of members on this site that are more than willing to answer just about any question. Welcome aboard Topper Birneyh! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you can wait a little, Roll-N-Lock is working on a tonneau cover using my Ridgeline as a test vehicle. They took basic measurements today and hopefully will have things ready for a test fit next week. I will post progress and pics when available. I was very impressed with their attitude and determination, because the bed poses some unique problems. They feel that the Ridgeline is the direction other manufacturers are going to follow, and I am delighted to allow them to use my truck to set up a prototype.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Garland said:
If you can wait a little, Roll-N-Lock is working on a tonneau cover using my Ridgeline as a test vehicle. They took basic measurements today and hopefully will have things ready for a test fit next week. I will post progress and pics when available. I was very impressed with their attitude and determination, because the bed poses some unique problems. They feel that the Ridgeline is the direction other manufacturers are going to follow, and I am delighted to allow them to use my truck to set up a prototype.
So you are Roll –N- Lock's guinea pig, ground zero, numero uno, first in line, The I hope this works out Kid… :p
Good luck with it and keep us up to date and WE NEED PICTURES!!!!
The more options the better.
Thanks for the info!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Yes Garland, definitely keep us posted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
O-kay. So I see Roll-N-Lock is now an official sponsor, but I do not see the Honda part numbers on their website. Is their cover ready for pusrchase? I am VERY impressed with the pictures of their covers on the website, but I can't see any pictures of them on a Ridgeline. Does anyone know if they have completed the testing? Does anyone have one already installed?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I sent an email to the company today. I have not received a response yet. I like the design and implementation on other trucks they feature on their website. I'm willing to remove my Bakflip if they come out with a nice product. :cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I sent an email to the company today. I have not received a response yet. I like the design and implementation on other trucks they feature on their website. I'm willing to remove my Bakflip if they come out with a nice product. :cool:
I talked to Karmen at RealTruck this morning, and I asked him about the Roll-N-Lock. Per his recommendation, I called the company and spoke to Bill Swanson (800-952-7655) and asked some questions regarding installation on a Ridge. Bill sent me 12 photos of an installation (maybe on Garland's truck?). Bill was very easy to talk to.

It really looks like a nice cover, and the storage bin is smaller and less obtrusive than that of the Retrax.

Anyone have one installed?

Karmen's price is $961.98, delivered to me, shipping included. I think I'm gonna do it, but I'll wait until the paperwork is done regarding returning both of my BakFlips.

BTW, Karmen was EXTREMELY helpful and cooperative in assisting me to return the BakFlip, and my account has been or will be credited the full amount. (See horror story on BakFlip thread.)

Now to find another carton to pack up a BakFlip. I'll try body shops first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oldcoastie:

Now that we are officially a sponsor of the website, I'll take the opportunity (you've inadvertantly created :) )to shamelessly promote Roll N Lock Corp & our M-Series (manual) retractable cover for the Ridgeline. I'm glad to hear your conversation with Bill went well and that he was able to get some photos to you. I'm guessing that he sent you some of those that will be used in the forthcomming installation guide. To answer your question "Anyone have one installed?", there are only a handful of folks that might be able to offer an opinion specifically about our Ridgeline application, as (thus far) only pre-production units have been installed. However, we've been manufacturing retractable bed covers since '92, so there are plenty of folks that can testify about their experience with the product on other trucks.

Bongus:

I'm sorry you haven't received a response to your email & I'll look into that. I do appreciate the compliment about what you saw on the website, though. In the mean time, if there is anything you'd like to ask me directly, please let me know.

RLHopefull:

You didn't find photos or a part number for the Ridgeline on the website because the Installation Guide isn't finished yet. Once it is, the whole package of info will be posted...which I'm anticipating will be the end of the week. In the meantime the part number is LG720M, and as soon as I figure out how to resize a photo, I'll post it. :eek: In the mean time, feel free to email me & I'll send you something directly. Oh yeah...there are currently 100 units going through the production line. As soon as the installation guides are printed, these will be packaged and available for purchase.

Thanks all for your interest and inquiries. Again, if I can answer anything directly, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Dan

PS...Sorry for the corny handle...that will be changed ASAP now that we are "oficially" a sponsor.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oldcoastie:

Now that we are officially a sponsor of the website, I'll take the opportunity (you've inadvertantly created :) )to shamelessly promote Roll N Lock Corp & our M-Series (manual) retractable cover for the Ridgeline. I'm glad to hear your conversation with Bill went well and that he was able to get some photos to you. I'm guessing that he sent you some of those that will be used in the forthcomming installation guide. To answer your question "Anyone have one installed?", there are only a handful of folks that might be able to offer an opinion specifically about our Ridgeline application, as (thus far) only pre-production units have been installed. However, we've been manufacturing retractable bed covers since '92, so there are plenty of folks that can testify about their experience with the product on other trucks.

Bongus:

I'm sorry you haven't received a response to your email & I'll look into that. I do appreciate the compliment about what you saw on the website, though. In the mean time, if there is anything you'd like to ask me directly, please let me know.

RLHopefull:

You didn't find photos or a part number for the Ridgeline on the website because the Installation Guide isn't finished yet. Once it is, the whole package of info will be posted...which I'm anticipating will be the end of the week. In the meantime the part number is LG720M, and as soon as I figure out how to resize a photo, I'll post it. :eek: In the mean time, feel free to email me & I'll send you something directly. Oh yeah...there are currently 100 units going through the production line. As soon as the installation guides are printed, these will be packaged and available for purchase.

Thanks all for your interest and inquiries. Again, if I can answer anything directly, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Dan

PS...Sorry for the corny handle...that will be changed ASAP now that we are "oficially" a sponsor.
Thank you for the information, Dan. Please keep us advised of any progress in getting the cover to market.

While I don't expect any cover to be absolutely watertight, may I safely assume that the covers are, at least for the most part, water resistant? I certainly don't need another experience like the one I'm having with the BakFlip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jeff:

I'm glad to see you have realistic expectations about "waterproofing" a truck bed. You're correct...there is absolutly no cover (cap, hard-hinged tonneau, retractable tonneau, multi-panel tonneau or soft tonneau) that can be installed to provide a totally water-proof environment. However, you should expect to create a very dry environment with a small amount of water intrusion. The point of entry is almost always the tailgate...even with the use of a so-called tailgate seal. Either due to rain finding its way in where the top of the tailgate meets the rear corners of the bed walls, or via the vacume that's created at the back of a vehicle when it's traveling down the road in the rain, you should anticipate a little moisture.

As for production progress...I just received the first draft of the installation guide, proofed it, and sent the edits back to the marketing department. Hopefull we'll have something in the next two days I can email you to look through.

Cheers!
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts