Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installled a screen on the roof(inside the cab) just wondering if it is a big hassle because of the side impact air bags

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had it done in our Volvo that has mucho airbags...not a problem there. I had the DVD unit placed under the front passenger seat so it could be loaded for the kids by my wife. One problem though...no pick up for the remote or screen to see what you are doing...keep that in mind if you have small children. Besides that, the installer basically butched the interior..they were not very careful. I will eventually put 2 headrest monitors in with the DVD in the center console for the Ridge. I will pprobably have some type of small screen up front with a sensor for the remote as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been wondering about this too. I bought a visor LCD/mirror/light for the driver's side some time ago but have yet to do anything with it. I've been thinking though that rather than mess with the side curtain airbags (the pillar bet. the driver window and the windshield) for routing wires, that I would have to remove & route thru the headliner.

Any opinions on this, or if anyone's taken the top liner out by all means post!

p.s. My driver's side visor LCD is not for a DVD player, but rather for a rear view camera!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts