Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cover on the center post of my roof rack blew off (I'm assuming because it is not there). Make sure yours are tight.

I wonder how many trips to the dealer this will take? This im my guess how it will go.

Me: hello service, the cover on my center post of my roof rack fell off-do you have them in stock??

service: bring it in, we'll have to check it out.

Service mgr during visit one : "the cover on your center post of my roof rack fell off, we'll have to order it.

me: "thanks Sherlock, see you next week again"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybearidge:
Had you done any work to the roof rack like removing the center rails to cut wind noise? I just worked on mine and double checked each cover in fear of exactly your scenario happening to me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I have not. I did see that it was loose once...maybe the tab is broken.

ps.

The dealer ordered it for me...no need to go in twice :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Maybearidge,
That's exactly what happen to my center post cover on the driver side.. In fact I just picked up the part today and installed it. I found that it was just missing when I was washing the truck one day. I don't even know when it flew off...??? The dealer that I ordered it from ask me if it was a warranty item and I told them that I didn't know and they just gave me the part and told me that they would take care of it... pretty cool.... It clips on pretty good and I tugged on it just to see if it would come off easily but it didn't.. I hope you have good luck with yours... Now I have to figure out how to install that dang vent toggle one one of my rear vent ducts... I accidently hit it with something and it popped off..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine blew off about a month ago and the dealer replaced it with no hassle. Maybe it has something to do with black Ridgelines :eek:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine and installed it the other day. Of course they said they would call when the part came in....3 weeks later I had to call them and it was in...imagine that.

L

·
0 Posts
maybearidge said:
Of course they said they would call when the part came in....3 weeks later I had to call them and it was in...imagine that.
Sure sounds like a familiar song HONDA!!!
Are you listening??
:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Mkmatsuman, do a search for the rear vent problem that you mentioned. I remember someone posting an easy way to repair and replace the knob. It was a while ago but I seem to remember that there was some very good information and details on the fix posted. If you can't find it right away, it may have been associated with a rear seat dog deck that a member had built. If you still don't find the info, post a question about it. I know the info is available from one or more members.

Now, back to our regularily scheduled topic...
(Sorry, didn't mean to stray off topic on the thread.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts