Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you download the instructions as suggested in an earlier post

http://www.handa-accessories.com/Ridgeline/roofrack.pdf

and follow them step by step, it's very easy. The first thing you want be careful with is prying up the trim on the roof. Just use some plastic item to do the prying. You only have to pry high enough to get your fingers on the end. Then just pull forward and the strip will slide forward and off. Then you use needlenose pliers to pull off the plastic clips.

When you are measuring the trim strip for cutting, make sure you do the measuring twice. Take your time. Get a brand new hacksaw blade. The rest is really easy. Just don't overtorque the nuts! I almost did the same thing. Luckily I noticed that I had the torque set incorrectly and backed off the nut without stripping the thread.

This truck is very very quiet, to any additional noise due to added equipment will be noticed. Those sloping rear pillars were added to reduce wind noise associated with pickups and they are very effective. With the roof rack at highway speeds, there is some noise but it's not excessive. Also, you can barely see a roof rail from inside the cab through the sun roof.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts