Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a video on YouTube on this, and got a .pdf file emailed from the online vendor I purchased my roof rack from. Haven't seen either here, so thought I would share them -

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was my second of four (4) accessory installs today, and for me it was the most intimidating. Nothing like prying a piece/part off of your NEW truck, and then cutting it in a half-dozen pieces... :act029:
The cutting went well - the molding is actually metal covered by a thin rubberized coating, so you will need a hack saw to cut it. The measurements were in metric, so I measured twice, then measured again. Funny thing, the left roof molding was about 3/8" shorter than the right one? What happened to Honda quality control? Then again, If I hadn't been taking it off and cutting it up, I would have never known.

Ran into a problem with the instructions - It said to remove the front, rear, and center 'clips' - leaving the second clip from the front intact. WRONG! That is the front bolt-on point for the rack, and it will not sit flush or bolt-in properly unless that clip is also removed.

Other than that, it went pretty well. The other accessories were bug deflector, running boards and door visors. This particular accessory took about 1 1/2 hours, quite a bit of that time taken measuring, measuring, re-measuring and cutting. :act024: All told, I was out in the driveway for about 6-7 hours (with a 30 min break for lunch...).

I'll post a few pictures, so there are 'before/after' views -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts