Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on doing a few mods to my RTL-E. Window tint, Aeroskin hood protector, WeatherTech floor liners, P3 brake controller, eventually new wheels and more aggressive looking tires. But I can't make up my mind on which roof rails to put on my White Diamond Pearl....silver or black? Any suggestions?

Reactions: Felix.USRACK

·
Super Moderator
5,376 Posts
I plan on doing a few mods to my RTL-E. Window tint, Aeroskin hood protector, WeatherTech floor liners, P3 brake controller, eventually new wheels and more aggressive looking tires. But I can't make up my mind on which roof rails to put on my White Diamond Pearl....silver or black? Any suggestions?
Are you putting them on for function or for looks? I put the roof rails on my G1 and decided they were a waste of money. If you will use them, go ahead and put on the silver ones.

Reactions: Felix.USRACK

·
Registered
22 Posts

Black by far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you putting them on for function or for looks? I put the roof rails on my G1 and decided they were a waste of money. If you will use them, go ahead and put on the silver ones.
I came from a 2010 Tundra Dbl. Cab, huge truck, so I plan on using them to give me the ability for extra carrying capacity. I'm thinking a soft sided luggage type carrier. But to be honest I do like the look so aesthetics does play into my decision to get them.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm on the same fence. But not sure I'd ever use them and not sure I like the look. I would do the silver only because I don't want to deal with the fading black plastic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My RTL-E came with the silver ones from the dealership but I wish they were black, thinking about plastidipping them. Wish they dealership had black ones so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I've got the modern steel metallic. Looks weird/too much having 4 different shades/color on my truck. Gray, chrome, silver, black than even a different silver color in the trim pieces around the fog lights. I'm gonna try and just get two contrasting colors, black and gray using the plastidip. We'll see how brave I get spraying down my new truck, but the stuff comes off if it turns out terrible.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My RTL-E came with the silver ones from the dealership but I wish they were black, thinking about plastidipping them. Wish they dealership had black ones so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I've got the modern steel metallic. Looks weird/too much having 4 different shades/color on my truck. Gray, chrome, silver, black than even a different silver color in the trim pieces around the fog lights. I'm gonna try and just get two contrasting colors, black and gray using the plastidip. We'll see how brave I get spraying down my new truck, but the stuff comes off if it turns out terrible.
I doubt plastidip will hold up if you use your rails at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This looks like an RTL-E with sport wheels, that's what I want to do to mine..I really don't like the stock E wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're correct! That's my E with sport wheels. Never had the stock E wheels since that was part of my deal; don't like those those either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the same color as you. I went with the silver roof rails.
Looks like you have the Aeroskin hood protector. Do you like the look?

·
Registered
177 Posts
In my opinion, black works better with the darker colours, like black and modern steel. Silver works better on the lighter colours like white diamond and lunar silver. Black and silver work well with colours like obsidian blue, forest mist and deep scarlet.

With that being said, I am not a huge fan of the silver roof rails and black cross bar combination. Black roof rails and black cross bars are more pleasing to the eye.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm going to necro-post as this was the decision I had to make in the past couple days... Getting a white Touring and went silver. The Touring is more chromed up so I thought it would balance out more. Also I'm getting the aluminum Diamondback so the silver seemed to flow better. If I had gotten a black tonneau cover, then yes, most certainly black rails. For me it is form over function.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts