Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is my forest mist tinted with silver racks on.
I think black racks will look better in your case.

The conclusion I've come to is that they both look good. In your case, I agree, silver is better but only by virtue of the presence of the step silver/chrome line. Black still would have been good. It balances it off nicely. Mine will be balanced by the honkingly hugely noticeable aluminum tonneau cover. I will post when I eventually get it all installed. If I'm wrong, the price isn't high for the blacks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Silver rails, chrome windows trim and silver running boards go great together.

I have gloss black rails, rims, windows trim and black running boards so I painted the plastic base trim of the rails gloss black for the murdered-out look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone noticed that ordering a right and left roof rail assembly is quite a bit cheaper that getting the complete kit? On one online parts store the difference was like $288 ($144.30 X 2) vs. $350 (for silver rails). Can't think of what a full kit would have that each side rail kit would not. The parts diagram looks like you would get everything needed to install each side assembly. Here are the parts numbers for silver: 08L02-T6Z-101A (full kit), 08L02-T6Z-1MOA1 (left), 08L02-T6Z-1MOA2 (right).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Isn't that a matter of personal taste? You didn't tell us what color your truck is. I have the black edition so didn't consider any other choice but black. I think it depends on what "look" you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
getting Obsidian Blue--anyone have a pic of the blue with black or silver rails? Thinking the silver will look nicer with the blue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an obsidian blue with black rails. I'm actually thinking of selling my rails and crossbars if anyone is interested. I think I'm still too much of a newbie to post a for sale thread...shoot me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got black and like them. I didn’t want the eye drawin to the light color.

I use mine for kayaks and roof top tent

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I plan on doing a few mods to my RTL-E. Window tint, Aeroskin hood protector, WeatherTech floor liners, P3 brake controller, eventually new wheels and more aggressive looking tires. But I can't make up my mind on which roof rails to put on my White Diamond Pearl....silver or black? Any suggestions?
Another vote for black, but then again, I never felt the need to have them given the bed on the back.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I meant to order black when I ordered my '19, but I don't mind the silver. My next one will have back though :)

·
Super Moderator
5,376 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an obsidian blue with black rails. I'm actually thinking of selling my rails and crossbars if anyone is interested. I think I'm still too much of a newbie to post a for sale thread...shoot me a PM if interested.
still have them for sale? Where are you located?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts