Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, could use some help! If I cant find an answer or possible fix I will take it to local dealer. Hopefully they can diagnose without codes, but at $130 an hour hope its found out quick. I can fix with the help of a mechanic friend. 2006 RTL, 160,000 miles. Started it the other day and had check engine and vtm4 lights came on and idle was chugging. Had codes read, cylinder 1&3 misfire, and multiple misfires. Replaced all 6 coils and plugs. Still had rough idle but no chugging and no codes. I've noticed if I turn ignition to on and wait 5 seconds its starts and idles fine. Help!

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Typically the fuel system in our trucks are very solid and I am yet to hear anyone complain about a faulty fuel pump.
That said, you can check the fuel pump to see if it is pushing enough fuel. Typically the pump primes the system on Ignition 2. I typically wait till the pump stops and then start, typically a 5 second pause (just like you said).

I would say use the 5-sec pause and carry on.

Registered
I was going thru you tube videos a couple of days ago and a mechanic in Alaska diagnosed and replaced a fuel pump after going thru the normal causes. He took apart the back seat to get to the pump. Question I have is the filter accessible thru the route to replace the pump?

I wonder if anyone has had a clogged fuel filter and had the filter replaced.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Question I have is the filter accessible thru the route to replace the pump?

I wonder if anyone has had a clogged fuel filter and had the filter replaced.
Unlike the systems of the past, the Ridgeline does not have an inline fuel filter. The fuel filter is on the fuel pump assembly in the tank. I have 240K+ and still on OEM fuel pump and filter with no issues. I reckon the same for about 99.99% here on ROC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts