Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm noticing more than a few 'legacy' avatars that seem uncomfortable with the new round crop.

FYI - see my new avatar. Gotta be a million ways to do these things, here's one ….

This was constructed as an 800x800 pixel (any square pixel count will probably work) .png image using caveman-friendly MS Paint. The image when cropped by the forum platform is exactly centered in a circle that size. Here's a copy of the full 800x800 png image as composed in MS Paint then loaded as my avatar here - whatever you fit in the circle is exactly what you'll see in your avatar displayed on this forum.

Yes, it looks off-centered when you see the 'test preview' on the 'change avatar' page but comes out perfectly centered in actual use when you save the new avatar.

To change yours, click your avatar in the upper banner bar on any page > "Account Settings" > "Click the image to change your avatar".

Hope that helps.

Signed,
An old dog learning new tricks …. o_O

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well. So much for my custom gif avatar of the traction mode from the driver screen...
Is this progress? One last time...
Ridgeline small.gif

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the XF implementation on other of their forums is any indication, the round avatars seems to be part and parcel of 'The New VerticalScope Style'

:eek:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
And no more moving avatars.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
It happened some time today, I've had several "crashes" and other nonsense, that's usually when changes are being made... I'm fine with the change

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy that this thread is now moot …. time to lock it?

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Not sure how I missed this, but we actually complained about round avatars? :unsure:
You bet I did! I complained about it behind the scenes before this thread was created. I spent a great number of minutes editing a photo of a Ridgeline to fit in a perfect square. The round avatar display ruined it, so I spent another great number of minutes reformatting it for a round avatar display. Now, I'm going to have to spend another great number of minutes reformatting it for a square avatar with rounded corners...because...OCD. :p

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
Misery loves company...

Several of us complained about the switch to "bubble" avatars on CivicX.com when they changed from square a couple of years ago. "They" reverted back to square avatars in a matter of days due to the complaints. First world problems! :D

·
Administrator
830 Posts
Misery loves company...

Several of us complained about the switch to "bubble" avatars on CivicX.com when they changed from square a couple of years ago. "They" reverted back to square avatars in a matter of days due to the complaints. First world problems! :D

That site is not part of our network. Similar software but not ours.
-Philip

1 - 20 of 22 Posts