Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Having taken mine down the hill and back twice now, I would say they have hit the nail on the head. this takes I17 like a sports car. great ride ride, and no wind push.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an S2000 (modified) and am looking for a more practical vehicle to complement it. I can't wait to test the Ridgeline. I am truly sick of driving our V8 Explorer whenever we need a practical car - it just isn't that much fun to drive.

I really hope the Ridge is a ball to drive. I am concerned about the auto tranny, as I love to shift myself, but am still very much considering this truck . . .

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'd bet you're our next Ridgeline owner :) Compared to a V8 Explorer, there's no contest. You will give up some torque for top end power. The handling is superb. There's just enough body lean to remind you that you're driving a 4500 pound pickup truck. I have yet to throw it around hard enough to upset the suspension. I think when it breaks free, it's gonna really break free. Something to test with nothing else around. I also miss the stick shift. The trans is about as good as it gets for an automatic, but it has its quirks, which are nothing to be concerned about. Have fun on your test drive.

·
Registered
774 Posts
RidgelineRob said:
I have an S2000 (modified) and am looking for a more practical vehicle to complement it. I can't wait to test the Ridgeline. I am truly sick of driving our V8 Explorer whenever we need a practical car - it just isn't that much fun to drive.

I really hope the Ridge is a ball to drive. I am concerned about the auto tranny, as I love to shift myself, but am still very much considering this truck . . .
This truck really handles well for it's size and weight. Evidence: there is a very sharp turn that I take on the way to the office every morning. It's posted speed limit is 25. I am able to make this turn doing 40 without applying the brakes. Try that in a traditional truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts