Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rpm indicator is sometimes erratic. At constant speed on level ground on cruise control, I get anywhere from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm. No apparent gas mileage difference. The rpm will stay constant until I stop car and restart or even come to a complete stop and then take off again. I am completely puzzled. Any ideas??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same with my 2017 - after multiple diagnostics - it was determined the transmission fluid was bad (prematurely) and needed a software update. Ever since changing the trans fluid - no RPM issues!

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,444 Posts
Gen
Are these problems G1or G2?
It is specific to the Gen2's six-speed automatic transmission (6AT).

With the 2020 Ridgeline now sporting ZF's 9AT, I will be curious to see if this transmission overheating problem--which is what causes the transmission fluid to fry--resolves the issue or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer couldn't figure it out - they actually believed it was a fuel injector problem (since they went bad prematurely, however, replacement didn't fix it. The dealer finally found out that it could be a burnt trans fluid issue - and once they replaced the fluid (and did a trans software update (?) I have an zero RPM issues. Thank goodness!
(I have a 2017 G2 ridgeline)

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,444 Posts
... The dealer finally found out that it could be a burnt trans fluid issue - and once they replaced the fluid (and did a trans software update (?) I have an zero RPM issues. ...
According to the TSB, the software update will help keep the transmission fluid from cooking by doing something that will assist in keeping the trans temps under better control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts