Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i "might" be getting a ridgeline tomorrow, the RT fits my needs just fine BUT all the interior pics i can source are of RTLs with the dual HVAC thing. first i dont need it(hence the RT) and i HATE using a button to change fan speeds(like the pics show) since the RT doesnt have a dual feature is the fan buttons replaced with a knob where the LCD should be? any RT owners please post a pic or email me an interior shot, PLEASE. i am a return honda owner but would like to see a RT HVAC shot, i really dont need the "fluff" of the rtl or rts. please help soooon, i have a dealer ready for a sale......

·
Registered
17 Posts
joe said:
i "might" be getting a ridgeline tomorrow, the RT fits my needs just fine BUT all the interior pics i can source are of RTLs with the dual HVAC thing. first i dont need it(hence the RT) and i HATE using a button to change fan speeds(like the pics show) since the RT doesnt have a dual feature is the fan buttons replaced with a knob where the LCD should be? any RT owners please post a pic or email me an interior shot, PLEASE. i am a return honda owner but would like to see a RT HVAC shot, i really dont need the "fluff" of the rtl or rts. please help soooon, i have a dealer ready for a sale......
Owners manual shows both HVAC panels. RT has fan dial on the left & temp control on the right. LCD still exists but shows somewhat different info. air flow direction buttons replace the fan control (speed) buttons of the RTS/RTL.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
joe said:
Well besides the fact that DoubleDuty already took care of telling you the info you were looking for, the next thing I would say is that you definitely want to take the car out and try it to make sure it really fits your needs. While it is always okay to ask about things you aren't sure about, this is definitely something you would have found out when you were in the truck itself. And never never never buy a vehicle without first inspecting it. The factories make mistake. My Ridgeline had a ripped leather seat cover on the front passenger side. If I had taken delivery without noticing this, it would have been my problem. Since I noticed before signing anything, they ordered and replaced the cover (I refused to allow for a repair). Given that I had tried other RTLs at different dealerships and knew exactly what I wanted, I could have just showed up to do the paperwork without even seeing the vehicle (this isn't uncommon at this dealership since their vehicles are stored off-site several miles from the building).

I hope all works well for you on your vehicle hunt, and here is hoping you become another Ridgeline owner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, screw it. i got the ridgeline, RTS. my wife LOVES the dual climate control, shes cold natured as hell. i've seen the RT controls, up my alley. the push button fan is gonna be getting used to....i'm used to twisting a knob.

other than that and the fact the wife LOVES it too damn much, the SUT is great, my fourth honda and i am very pleased.

L

·
0 Posts
joe said:
well, screw it. i got the ridgeline, RTS. my wife LOVES the dual climate control, shes cold natured as hell. i've seen the RT controls, up my alley. the push button fan is gonna be getting used to....i'm used to twisting a knob.

other than that and the fact the wife LOVES it too damn much, the SUT is great, my fourth honda and i am very pleased.

Congratulatons Mr. & Mrs. Joe. Enjoy the ride!!
Welcome to ROC family, we're glad you're here!!
Please encourage your better-halfs participation here. I am very lonely when I am the only female trying to keep up with all these Ridge Dudes!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Congratulatons Mr. & Mrs. Joe. Enjoy the ride!!
Welcome to ROC family, we're glad you're here!!
Please encourage your better-halfs participation here. I am very lonely when I am the only female trying to keep up with all these Ridge Dudes!!
ladyridge,

Maybe I can convince my wife to come on here, but she doesn't talk cars much, and is very busy at work so she may laugh at me when I suggest it and tell me to go away. But it can't hurt to try ;).

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
ladyridge,

Maybe I can convince my wife to come on here, but she doesn't talk cars much, and is very busy at work so she may laugh at me when I suggest it and tell me to go away. But it can't hurt to try ;).
Thanks Cappy!!! You're the bomb!! :D

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
joe said:
the push button fan is gonna be getting used to....i'm used to twisting a knob.
I don't ever use the fan control button...I just leave it on auto (except for putting all air on my feet once it cools off and changing the recirculation).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ladyridge, i wish my wife would get into car forums more, but she just uses them for getting from point A 2 B. she has a '00 CRV btw that she digs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts