Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I searched the forum and couldn't find much on this...
So due to cash constraints I bought an RT way back when. Now I want the creature comforts of the RTL but I don't have an extra 33k to shell out on a new one. I'm figuring for a budget of 2k I can probably get it up pretty close to where I want it and I plan to keep my ride for at least another 5 years.

rearview mirror upgrade - Gonna purchase the cause I do alotta night driving and heard good things about it on this forum.

Moonroof - I'm getting it priced, gonna go oversized cause I can. :) I miss it from my old ride. Should be fairly easy. Looking at webasto. Anyone know of any good brands?

Leather & Heated seat upgrade - Anyone ever swap out the cloth to leather seats? Is it hard? I"m going to search for a totaled ridge with with the colors I want and pull the electrical as well for the seat warmers and power adjustments. This should hopefully be a no brainer to install and wire up.

Dual Climate - Big question, what's involved if I want to swap in a dual climate control? I tried to do this for my accord but I read it was all controlled by the main computer and its easier to just buy a new ride than tear apart and swap parts for this purpose.

Just for completeness:
Security System (I already installed the honda one)
Nav - Already got an after market with backup cam
Steering wheel stereo controls (just not worth the pain)
Rims - I've got some sick aftermarket ones
External Temp display (I already installed fogs, my model its either/or)
Painted Door Handles (no way :)) I love the contrast

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
Hi Guys

I searched the forum and couldn't find much on this...
So due to cash constraints I bought an RT way back when. Now I want the creature comforts of the RTL but I don't have an extra 33k to shell out on a new one. I'm figuring for a budget of 2k I can probably get it up pretty close to where I want it and I plan to keep my ride for at least another 5 years.

rearview mirror upgrade - Gonna purchase the cause I do alotta night driving and heard good things about it on this forum.

Moonroof - I'm getting it priced, gonna go oversized cause I can. :) I miss it from my old ride. Should be fairly easy. Looking at webasto. Anyone know of any good brands?

Leather & Heated seat upgrade - Anyone ever swap out the cloth to leather seats? Is it hard? I"m going to search for a totaled ridge with with the colors I want and pull the electrical as well for the seat warmers and power adjustments. This should hopefully be a no brainer to install and wire up.

Dual Climate - Big question, what's involved if I want to swap in a dual climate control? I tried to do this for my accord but I read it was all controlled by the main computer and its easier to just buy a new ride than tear apart and swap parts for this purpose.

Just for completeness:
Security System (I already installed the honda one)
Nav - Already got an after market with backup cam
Steering wheel stereo controls (just not worth the pain)
Rims - I've got some sick aftermarket ones
External Temp display (I already installed fogs, my model its either/or)
Painted Door Handles (no way :)) I love the contrast
For the Mirror try sales-at-dnd-enterprises on ebay. I had one on my RTS and it worked great. Do a search here for the install

2012 Amber Gentex Homelink Compass Auto Dim Mirror Kit | eBay

Wet Okole has a heated seat option as have other manufacturers. Again search this forum...

http://www.wetokole.com/Heater.html

ridgeline seat leather | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-12-HONDA-RIDGELINE-RTL-HEATED-LEATHER-SEATS-FRONT-REAR-SEAT-CENTER-CONSOLE-/151986020911?hash=item236312a22f:g:tskAAOSwx-9Ww7F1&vxp=mtr

The steering wheel adapter for the stereo isn't all that hard. See here....
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/9-mobile-electronics/41029-axxess-aswc-steering-wheel-adapter-big-thumbs-up.html

I wouldn't mess with the dual climate. Not sure how much of a difference it will make? I have the sunroof and don't care for it much. It can be pretty noisy. Search to see if the RTL roof has extra support for the moonroof?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
I don't know how that moonroof option would work. The factory moonroof has drains built into the installation which I doubt an aftermarket installation would offer.

Ixnay on the HVAC upgrade. Like you found out on your Accord, it would be easier to get a new ride than convert an RT to an RTS/RTL HVAC dual zone system.

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
294 Posts
I have a 2006 RTS, and I have made several upgrades that make it more like an RTL. After watching on eBay for a while, I found a "New Other" Katskin leather interior set for $400. But it almost backfired when I started looking for someone to install it (it's pretty difficult to do) and everyone wanted about a grand to do it. But I got lucky and found a qualified guy to do it for $400. So I saved some money over just taking it to an upholstery shop and getting whatever I wanted, but not that much. When I had the driver's airbag replaced under the recall, I had them change out my aging rubber steering wheel with a leather RTL wheel. That's a nice upgrade. Also installed a Pioneer touchscreen stereo with Apple CarPlay. Those three things have made quite a bit of difference and I'm enjoying my truck even more. I expect to keep it at least a few more years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts