Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've am soon looking to buy but can't decide between the RT & RTS. It seems like there is at least $2K difference which seems like a lot. I saw one post saying the RT seats are not as comfortable. I know the fabric is different but how about there 'seat of the pants' comfort? I'd be interested in hearing about your impressions as well as any other observations about quality/functionality of such things as the sound systems, digital dash readout (?), security system, etc. Thanks for sharing your driving experiences between the two.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i have an rtl with leather seats and i live in new england and i love leathers seats since i have 2 kids they are easy to clean also. plus the heated seats feels great on a cold day

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
leather said:
I've am soon looking to buy but can't decide between the RT & RTS. It seems like there is at least $2K difference which seems like a lot. I saw one post saying the RT seats are not as comfortable. I know the fabric is different but how about there 'seat of the pants' comfort? I'd be interested in hearing about your impressions as well as any other observations about quality/functionality of such things as the sound systems, digital dash readout (?), security system, etc. Thanks for sharing your driving experiences between the two.
Great question leather, we had the same dilemma between the RTS and the RTL. I had my sights set on the cloth seats because we had a Cadillac and Nissan 300ZX with leather and during the summer months I remember sticking to the seats (We wear shorts all year round on the west coast). I can’t comment on the RT as there were none to be found when we purchased ours. The dual side climate control is a godsend for your better half and the 17” cast aluminum wheels are nice to have. Now that we have owned this wonderful truck for the last six months I sort of wished I’d bought an RTL with NAVI but they only offered it with leather. The aftermarket in dash NAVI with backup camera is going to be about the same $2000.00 installed so it’s a wash. Keyless entry is great in the summer as you can unlock all four doors and roll the windows down as you walk up to your truck. The sound system is fine for most folks but as you read more of the forum you will find many members upgrading their speakers and adding amps. Keep in mind, “You only go around once in life” Go for the Gusto! You can spend the two grand on yourself now with no regrets for the next ten years! Welcome to this great club and enjoy which ever Ridgeline you decide on.:p

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have an RTS and I like the cloth seats. The are comfortable no matter if I'm in summer shorts of bundled up for the winter. My Acura has leather seats and I find myself sticking to them in the summer. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
As you can tell from the replies, it's a matter of personal preferences...

We went through the same process..... leather vs. cloth. I was leaning toward cloth (which is what I had in my Ranger and loved it), when my wife surprised me and voted for leather. Her observations:

o Easier to keep clean with our dog..... Some dogs will scratch/puncture leather, but ours for some reason does not (we have leather seats in my wife's BMW).

o She feels leather is easier to slide in and out of (I realize this is just the opposite of some views)..... just her preference.

Then, when I looked at the package differences..... dual heat, etc..... I decided that I liked leather over cloth too.

The final push for leather came when we were negotiating with the dealer. He had an RL with Leather, Sunroof, and XM on the lot, and he was very aggressive in pricing......

Good luck..... whichever you choose, you'll love the Ridge!:D

Be sure to let us know what you picked..... with pictures.... Stay active in ROC.... it's a great club!:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Didn't need all the options on the RTS, the RT would have suited me fine. Don't have any interest in leather seats. What I do need is a seat that can be lowered way down as I'm 6' tall with relatively short legs.

In the RT, as seat height is changed the angle of the seat bottom also changes. I found the angle with the seat all the way at the bottom just didn't feel right. The RTS adds a way to adjust the angle of the seat bottom, so that's the model I got.

Just my $0.02,

·
Registered
72 Posts
:) I just picked mine up this past Monday... I had the same question...Which one: RT or RTS....sorry RTL a bit too much for my wallet. (Asking alot of questions, helped me choose)

Big difference between the two series...
Exterior:
RT - Steel Rims
RTS - Alloy

RT - Black handles and side mirrors
RTS - Color coded

Interior:
RT - CD player w/six speaker
RTS - 6 CD Changer player w/six speaker and a subwoofer

RT - Steering wheel with cruise
RTS - Steering wheel w/cruise and audio functions

RT - Single zone climate control
RTS - Dual zone climate control

RT - Cloth interior [thin] (check material cutouts @ dealer)
RTS - Cloth interior [thick] (check material cutouts @ dealer)

RT - Manual Driverside adjustment
RTS - Electronic Driverside adjustment

Plus RTS has a outside tempature readout on the dash.

The spec book or Web site breaks it down nicely.

My Opinion....RTS is worth a small investment.

Food for thought! Good Luck:)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I originally planned to get the RT, but ended up with the RTS. I like the wheels better and love the dual climate zone. My wife always likes the temperature warmer than I do...now we're both happy, instead of just her.

As for the seats, the RT is all manual adjustments with no lumbar support while the RTS has power seats and manual lumbar. The lumbar adjustment is great for getting the perfect ride.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
5S Dude said:
. . .“You only go around once in life” Go for the Gusto! You can spend the two grand on yourself now with no regrets for the next ten years! . . .
Leather . . . don't miss the point made by 5S Dude above. If you're only going to keep the truck 3 or 4 years, you might have some real decision to make on the cost trade off. BUT, if you're like many of us & will still have this vehicle 8-10 years or more down the road (Love those Hondas), then this should be a slam dunk. The options you think you really want, need, &/or will enjoy, you should go ahead & buy if you're going to have the car (truck) for a long time. The relative cost over time is minimal, & if you can find a way to get the bucks together now, the payoff will more than justify the effort. Its a lot easier to get comfortable thinking about the long term value than to think of how much it costs "today". If it's right for you, then go for it! (your own internal 'squint-meter' should let you know when you've reached your financial threshold of pain)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks to all of you -you've really come through!

It' s definitely moving me to the RTS. Are they currently dealing on the RTS like they are on the RTLs?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Are they currently dealing on the RTS like they are on the RTLs?
I don't see why they wouldn't. I bought mine in July for dealer invoice and that was before the $1000 incentive to dealers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
good evening. i just got my rts wednesday night. if you test drive the rt and the rts, you will know right away which one is for you....and yes, they are offering deals on the rts...good luck, but rest assured that which ever one you choose will be just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Leather, I have the RTS and I love it. With the extra stuff in the RTS, it makes it alot nicer than the RT. I've had mine for about 2 months and got it about $600. less than invoice. So the dealers are willing to deal. I sent out emails to the dealers and waited for the best price. So take you're time and weight the pro's and con's of each one. You may find just alittle difference in price between the RT and RTS, but alot more in the RTL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an RTL and an RT. Bought the RTL first and wish I would have had the extra $$$ for the RTS for my second Ridgeline. I almost like the cloth of the RTS better than the leather. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife has good taste

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had my RTL :D since end of August and my wife just bought her RT end of November.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts