Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new RTL-T and we discovered that the passenger side seat belt is twisted between the waist latch and the end-latch that connects to the seat base on the right side next to the passenger door. The Pilot 2016 and later and the 2nd Gen Ridgelines have this end attachment mechanism to accommodate the installation of a seat cover. To disconnect the end latch requires a tool ( or key ) that the Honda service department should have on hand, but my local dealer did not so they had to order it. The dealer thinks that this twist must have happened during assembly.

If you are familiar with what I’m describing AND you know the nature of this key tool, please share. I cannot seem to be able to perform any kind of internet search that can answer this question. My RTL owners manual never mentions this latch and some of the local service techs did not know anything about it as well.

Just to clarify: this is a separate latch mechanism attached to the passenger seat base that attaches to the seat belt. This requires a special tool to disconnect the seat belt from it. My seat belt has one full twist in it that cannot be removed any other way than to unlatch this mechanism using the correct key/tool. This is only on the passenger side of 2nd Gen Ridgelines and late model Pilots.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Would have never noticed that, thanks for the headsup! It looks like it must be spring loaded, I wonder if just a small flathead screwdriver would be sufficient?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a 2.5" finishing nail ( gently ) and could tell that there is a spring loaded mechanism. But depressing it still would not release the latch. I'll wait for the dealer to get the key.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right. I wish Honda had made the 2017 passenger latch work with the ignition key but they didn't.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I tried a 2.5" finishing nail ( gently ) and could tell that there is a spring loaded mechanism. But depressing it still would not release the latch. I'll wait for the dealer to get the key.
Probably best, but ill be damned if I'm not intrigued enough to fiddle and try ...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Google search for the parts, looks like about $15-$20

07AAF-TG7A100

07AAF-TG7A100

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. My service manager called me yesterday afternoon - told me they had received the key/tool - I went by and he used the tool to unlatch the belt, unwind it and then re-latched it. Now he has to keep up with that tool (and remember what it's for). I still may get a velcro pad to cover this connection with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts