Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on the 2017 G2 RTL and down stereo head unit? The non-touch one. How is it to use? Has anyone been able to find a YouTube video reviewing it? I'm assuming it was lifted out of another honda model. If so do we know which one?

·
Registered
970 Posts
I wonder how many have bought this trim level? In fact, maybe we need a poll to see what trim levels buyers here have purchased.....

I have not seen one of those head units but the pictures make them look a like the one in the low end Pilot, which is no surprise.
Kinda ugly compared to the display audio screen, IMHO. The latter looks like it belongs, the former like it was just stuffed in there

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wonder how many have bought this trim level? In fact, maybe we need a poll to see what trim levels buyers here have purchased.....

I have not seen one of those head units but the pictures make them look a like the one in the low end Pilot, which is no surprise.
Kinda ugly compared to the display audio screen, IMHO. The latter looks like it belongs, the former like it was just stuffed in there
The first Ridgeline I drove was an RTL. My wife would have bought it but I couldn't stand the 5" screen. The backup camera was almost unusable on that screen.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The first Ridgeline I drove was an RTL. My wife would have bought it but I couldn't stand the 5" screen. The backup camera was almost unusable on that screen.
I feel your pain.:wink:

I have an aftermarket Pioneer Nav in my G1 and the screen is about the same size. Nice unit, works well, but the dang screen is just too small! I can't read the time at all and the backup images are, as you said, too small. I look forward to picking up my RTL-E, supposedly this coming week!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I test drove the RTL with the little 5" screen. I thought it sounded pretty good for a OEM head unit. I would replace the speakers though. I had posted elsewhere that I replaced the JBL speakers in my 2006 Highlander with Rockford Fosgate ones and they sound way better. They are also pretty low on the "power hungry" scale so the OEM RL HU should theoretically run them pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts